Latest Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer shows off new Pokemon and Gigantamax

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 8, 2019.

1. radiomadness

radiomadness Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2019
    United States
    I already gave you a possible reason for why they removed z-moves and mega evolutions. Gigamax is basically a combination of the two with less quality. Having a new "gimmick" reduces the amount of strategies and tactics players can reuse and forces them to discover new ones, keeping the experience fresh. People are constantly whining that Pokemon games are repetitive and don't shake up their agenda enough, but when they do try and change things they complain even more.

I also already said I agree about the national dex. Their excuse was stupid and I'll miss certain Pokemon, but I can adapt. My enjoyment for Sword and Shield won't rely on the dex being there or not. Of course, I realize that isn't the same for everyone, and I'm not going to insult those who understandbly don't want to buy either game.

But I won't waste my time arguing with someone who didn't even bother to read my entire post. I will be enjoying Sword and Shield, just like I enjoyed X and Y even though I consider them the worst Pokemon games. Thanks. I hope you enjoy obsessively insulting anyone who dares to like something you don't.

Again: Grow up.

Last edited by radiomadness, Jul 10, 2019
    Josshy0125 likes this.
  2. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
  3. CamulaHikari

CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Jul 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Chocolate Factory~<3
    The more I see of these games, the more it makes me want to get Temtem instead. That game actually has some love in the development instead of this recyclefest.

Last edited by CamulaHikari, Jul 10, 2019
    goldensun87 and MushGuy like this.
  4. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Lazy Devs.

goldensun87 and MushGuy like this.
  5. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    Makes me wish it had singleplayer. The graphics are meh though.

6. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2010
    United States
    AREA UNKNOWN
    I am going to be optimistic and take these games with a grain of salt, setting aside the exclusion of most pokémon. I will play the games for what they are. As long as I can get my favorite pokémon, I will be a little happier playing them! Still disappointed though, and I am not prepared to defend their decision.

7. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    You don't like the decision, do not buy the game. It is the only way to make them see the error of their ways.

DrGreed and MushGuy like this.
  8. DrGreed

DrGreed Luigi from Luigi's Mansion

Sep 14, 2016
    United States
    Seeing all the memes makes me want to buy Sword and Shield even more.

9. goldensun87

goldensun87 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2017
    United States
    You should acquire a backup, out of pure spite.

DrGreed and MushGuy like this.