LAtest N5 Firmware Anyone? Just messing with it for fun

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by retiredjerk, Mar 29, 2008.

1. retiredjerk
    OP

retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2006
    So i went ahead and bought an N5 to mess around with. See how good a clone it is. It of course came with NO CD and their website download section is just a dead link. I tryed using r4dec To decrypt the _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MSHL.nds but it jsut hangs on the loading screen. im thinking i may need the _AX_**** file that goes along with the other two on the N5 firmware(the file people think is really a hacked up ratatoullie game). So if anyone who is acutally using R4 firmware on their N5 can show me their steps? or at this point even a direct link to the n5 firmware would work for testing purposes. Thanks everyone.

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    WFM. All I did was enter this in a command prompt:
    Code:
    r4dec _DS_MENU.DAT
    I've upped the decrypted file for you in case r4dec.exe decides not to work for you: http://www.zshare.net/download/9709113d76d20c/

_DS_MSHL.NDS is not encrypted, it's just Moonshell.

Edit: I think I misunderstood what you are asking for.

3. retiredjerk
    OP

retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2006
    i did the same thing..i think the problem is that i dont have the original N5 firmware. So i cant overwrite _DS_MENU.DAT. if i can get the N5 firmware then i can use the decrypted R4 Dat file with the N5. Can u zip up your n5 firmware for me?

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I don't have an N5. I thought you meant that r4dec.exe didn't work for you; that's what I was referring to when I said it worked for me.

5. Seina

Seina Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2008
    United States
  6. Masta_mind257

Masta_mind257 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2006
    In ur mother
    1st I've ever heard of an N5, wut is it?

7. zhuzhuchina

zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Switzerland
    Shanghai
    just a r4 clone
    ciao

8. heatherfeilds

heatherfeilds Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2008
    Hong Kong
    i just got a R4 but i don't know what i need to make it work. firstly when i went to the r4 web site. i tried to follow the instructions but the r4 didn't even come with the cd. i don't have the _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MSHL.NDS and the moonshell folder thingy. currently i am clueless. if anyone is so kind to help me send all Those Necessary stuff to my email: undefined so i can just download all the links you give me to my r4 will make it so much easier.

PLease Help i am sooo desperate

9. CorruptJon

CorruptJon :)

May 14, 2006
    United States
    California
    Just a tip, N5's are notorious for blowing up fuses in DS's so not being able to get it working might be a blessing in disguise. I really wouldn't risk it if I were you, but it's your choice.

10. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    I've had mine for ages and it works perfectly
    My sister has one it works
    My best friend has one it works
    I don't see whats wrong with it