Latest FFXV Trailer from Jump Festa + More Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Nathan Drake, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Nathan Drake
    OP

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    At Jump Festa, the latest trailer for Final Fantasy 15 was showcased. Some idea on the story, game play, and some of the city is shown. What stuck out most notably for people was that a series regular, Cid the mechanic, has apparently become Cidney, though it's unknown how big of a role she'll play. What stuck out most notably to me was that they didn't take the time to edit the mouth movements to at least sort of match the English voices. The trailer:

As well, various details about the game have been revealed including:
    - That giant monster at the end? Titan.

- Sleep and rest are actually really important. You can't just fight endlessly like some superhuman that transcends all the needs of everybody else on the planet without seeing absolutely zero negative effects. A big change from JRPGs of the past, where sleeping was just something you did after rampaging through 200 battles to get magic back for cheap.

- Tons (seriously, a lot) more that you can read about by checking out the Siliconera source link

On a final note, more gifs of Cidney that were from some footage revealed after the trailer because apparently this is just that mind blowing (warning: boobs):

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Does any of this make any of you more interested in Final Fantasy XV? Or after years of waiting on Final Fantasy Versus XIII just for it to turn into XV, can none of this sway you into thinking that the game will ever actually come out, especially when we didn't even get a year estimate at the end of this latest trailer?

Source (Siliconera)
    Source (Kotaku - Cidney gifs)

2. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Well.. At least the music is good. So it's got that going for it.

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Never a fan of ff12, I love the turn based final fantasies, I don't see me being a fan of this either if the play style is the same

4. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    this game is getting better and better after every trailer. day one for me even when I'm not a Final Fantasy fan.

5. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Looks like they really did ditch the piece of shit turn based archaic bullshit they clung on to for far too long. Combat looks infinitely funner.

The game is looking really promising so far. I'm impressed. Definitely wont see me pre-ordering the game, but i'll definitely be looking into this as more and more info and footage is available.

6. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Loved the FFXII gameplay, so this looks very promising. Hopefully the story is worth it too :)

7. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    After enjoying the FF XIII story, I'll pretty much get this for that too. There's no hope of a turn-based return now and frankly speaking, I don't think it'd work in a new FF....just me.

Black-Ice likes this.
  8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    So far FFXV is looking pretty neat. Not sure if I'll grab it day one, but it's definitely on my "To play at some point in time" list.

9. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States

Except the combat system is suppose to be even closer to kingdom hearts...something 12 fails at. Don't get me wrong 12 was definitely a good game.

10. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    to have a more accurate idea of the battle system, play Final Fantasy Type-0, FFXV looks like an enhancement of that battle system, which is similar to Kingdom Hearts but different enough.

What I will love to see is a game with battles in the same scenario like KH but with the system of a Tales of game

chartube12 likes this.
  11. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Combat looks like it could be fun but it's still under that gigantic turd of a franchise known as Final Fantasy. I don't think I could bear 50 hours of shit-eating protagonists just for a decent combat system that will get boring after the 25th hour.

12. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    One of Noctis's friends looks like Cloud

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

You just described nearly every Final Fantasy character for the past 15 years.