Hacking Latest emuNAND GW?

lamende

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I've been out for a bit with the GW community. I'm wondering if GW has stopped making updates for the N3DS and even the O3DS. It seems like they havent updated their site in awhile and i havent seen much buzz about them I keep seeing rxtools, everywhere but im not entirely sure what that does compared to the GW.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They only update if an update is needed. 10.2 works fine with EmuNAND (with O3DS) so no update is needed.

They're apparently working on cheat support.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Long periods without updates are expected with Gateway, usually a couple months at max though. Every so often people will post about how rich Gateway are and that they have "ran away with our money", but so far they've all been proven wrong (and impatient).

When an update does come out though it tends to be something huge (unless it's a quick emunand update), like multi-rom, emunand, 7.x/8.x encryption, .cia installation, n3ds support etc.
There'd be no point in an update that gets you all excited for new features if it just reads "New update: Still working on it, thanks"

I'm hoping that with the next release they also have n3ds fixed for latest emunand, but maybe it's not a priority for Gateway, since we don't need to be on the latest emunand anymore and the new encryption is probably harder than they anticipated.
I am looking forward to an integrated cheat engine though, would save having to use my pc and ntr debug :)

There's a lot of buzz around rxTools because it's one of the new custom firmwares, meaning you can boot to it (in some cases, directly) and play .cia installed games and region free, without the need for a Gateway.
I'm not sure how easy it is to install without a Gateway or exploit card like Cubic Ninja, but it's super convenient for people like me with multiple n/3ds systems and a card.

I imagine we may see a delay on the next Gateway update, as they no doubt will be trying to stop the DSTwo Plus clone (or emulator) being playable on their future updates. Pretty sure they've moved on from brick code already though, which caused all kinds of problems the last time. (now it just checks for the Gateway and refuses to boot GW mode without it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr