Latest CycloDS Evolution Batches.

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by SkyTsuna, Jul 30, 2008.

Jul 30, 2008
  1. SkyTsuna
    OP

Newcomer SkyTsuna Newbie

United States
    Hello, I am still sort of new to this whole flash cart business and I was just wondering, I heard somewhere (could be old news forgive me I'm new) that the latest batches of the CycloDS Evolution makes the microsd stick out a little or so I herd. Can anyone confirm it? Also I was planning on buying a black one to match my crimson DS probably sometime this week so if they do have the "microsd sticking out a little problem", is it even really much of a problem or it doesn't even really matter? Thanks in advance. Oh and I plan on buying from RealHotStuff since I heard they are one of the best retailers of flash carts and fast shipping if it matters.

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    im not sure, but i think all cyclos were made so that the micro SD sticks out (its much easier to get the microsd out like that)
    i know for a fact that all of them had that when i bought my cyclo (about half a year ago)
    but i think i might've heard that they have changed it in the more recent batches
    btw, black and white are the same

3. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just bought my CycloDS Evolution from RealHotStuff and the MicroSDHC doesn't stick out at all. Completely flush with the card.
    It is black and came with firmware 1.4, and the MicroSDHC is Kingston 4GB MBLY/4GBKR Japan from Newegg. I don't know if that makes any difference.

4. kirbydragon

Banned kirbydragon Banned

United States
    I got one in February, the microSD fits in quite easily, maybe too easy. I may even actually prefer a bit of protrusion.
    IIRC the white batch could have issues with something, while black batches don't have specific problems.
    The microSD goes totally into the slot, with about 2 mm available before reaching the outside.
    I sorta dislike this because I seem to have read errors if it's not entirely inside. Protrusion sorta gives me more assurance.

I don't want to make a new topic so... Anybody have this? http://www.cyclopsds.com/downloads/EvoTools-1.0-BETA2.zip
    Their site is down so an upload to Mediafire or similar would be very much appreciated.

5. dark42

Member dark42 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. kirbydragon

Banned kirbydragon Banned

United States
  7. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No it's not made to stick out. I bought mine in May, don't know if it's still the latest batch or not, but my MicroSD doesn't stick out at all and it's still easy to remove it (unless you have fat fingers, then I don't see any way you can get it out without a tool).

Maybe certain MicroSDs tend to be bigger than others?
    The one I bought is this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134597
    There seems to be different versions but I assure you this one is the best.

8. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I've got a CycloDS Evo (one from the new batches) and my microSD card does stick out about 1mm, maybe a slight bit less, but it's not flush. It's flush with other cards, and even flush with my previous CycloDS unit.

No matter though, it's not like it takes away from any experience [​IMG]

9. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I've had mine for about 3 months now (or so... not exactly sure when), and my microsd sits flush w/ the card.

So, i dunno about which ones are flush and which aren't.

It couldn't be due to the microsd being used... could it?

10. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    No it would have to be the architecture of the CycloDS itself.

This is the one I have:
    [​IMG]

Note that it looks different than the older ones, as the entire face sticker is in shades of gray [except the word DS], where the old ones had multiple shades of green for the little evolution dudes and the 'logo'.

[​IMG]

11. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I got mine in March and it sticks out a little bit. At first I was a tad bit worried but, nothing has happened to it yet, and it makes it easier to take out.

12. roflmywaffle

Newcomer roflmywaffle Advanced Member

United States
    I got mine in Feb 08 (black). There is a slight protrusion. It is not significant and makes the card easier to take out. It annoyed me for a couple hours, but once I looked at it inside the DS it wasn't a big deal, and I haven't had any problems with the card coming out (since it isn't spring loaded).

13. onneeye

Member onneeye GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got mine 2 days ago from RHS (black version). Micro sd sits flush. Very easy to put it and take it out. Came with firmware 1.4.