Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hey everyone, so I'm running Gateway with firmware GW 9.5.0-22u which according to Nintendo.com is the latest firmware. But when I try to access the eshop or download data from MH4U it says that I need to fully update my system. And lo and behold once I go back to emuNAND it tells me that I need to update. I figure it'd be fine and I'd just update like normal since it would only effect emuNAND. However it looks like now it's telling me that we need to restart our systems before we can update... But wouldn't that throw us back into sysNAND and then update that instead? Is there a way for me to update my emuNAND to the latest without updating sysNAND accidently?

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Okay that sounds good but the thing is according to the website I have the latest firmware. I know where to find the .CIA file but do you know the version number of the latest firmware ?e

Edit: Okay it looks like the latest is 9.5.0-23U. Has anybody had any problems with just booting into emuNAND, turning on wifi, and then updating from the system menu?

Edit2: Okay it works just the same as before. I think the reason it told me I had to reset first was because I was playing MH4U which resets the system when closing. Although that does beg the question, why doesn't Nintendo require us to restart the system before updating? You'd think that way they'd sneakily be able to update sysNAND instead.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM