Gaming Last Story Freezes (after Chapter 23/25) - can't transfer save gam

subsynth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've put in about 17 hours of the Last Story. I have two savegames one in chapter 23 and one in chapter 25. Both times when I finish the chapter it goes to a cuscene with Zael sitting in his room and is frozen. The music still plays, but he doesn't get up, none of the controls do anything, except for showing a "no home" icon when i hit the home key.

This happens at the end of both of these chapters.

I tried downloading a different image, but it does not recognize my save games.

I'm going to try updating my cios (because I haven't in a LONG time) and try redownloading the version I have been using, but I'm curious for any other suggestions.

Is there a way to access my save files with a different image/rip?

Please don't tell me I have to start over!

CyrusDragonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I know this topic is insanely old, but I'm entirely at a loss.

I bought The Last Story as the Japan release. I played through it, loved it. Sadly, one of my friends doesn't want to play it simply for it being that way. I got undub one, and it playes to chapter 30 and freezes. I think oh well, I'll get the regular. That won't work either. I get this problem exactly. It freezes right after 25, and to not mention spoilers, with Zael staring at his arm. No Home icon happens but that's it. Music, everything else. Sadly, I can see my external HD flashing from read error. I decided to update my Wii CISO as I hadn't in some time, and then even WiiFlow, and still same. Then, retrieved 2 other images. I believe one is the same is the first, and the third is a genuine different rip of the game. Even still, same issue. Is there a way I can simply swap to tell it not to use 249 ISO? Would another forcing a different one help? I paid 85$ to import it the first time I can't afford another 70$ to just appease a friend. Please, can you help? I know no one wants to from maybe breaking the rules? I don't see how this is but if it is so I apologize for it. I'm pulling at out my hair over this!

!!!

Thank you for reading and I greatly apologize for my butchered english for this. I am still getting the kincks out of using it correctly.

-CyrusDragonas

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Look, I know this topic is insanely old, but I'm entirely at a loss.

I bought The Last Story as the Japan release. I played through it, loved it. Sadly, one of my friends doesn't want to play it simply for it being that way. I got undub one, and it playes to chapter 30 and freezes. I think oh well, I'll get the regular. That won't work either. I get this problem exactly. It freezes right after 25, and to not mention spoilers, with Zael staring at his arm. No Home icon happens but that's it. Music, everything else. Sadly, I can see my external HD flashing from read error. I decided to update my Wii CISO as I hadn't in some time, and then even WiiFlow, and still same. Then, retrieved 2 other images. I believe one is the same is the first, and the third is a genuine different rip of the game. Even still, same issue. Is there a way I can simply swap to tell it not to use 249 ISO? Would another forcing a different one help? I paid 85$ to import it the first time I can't afford another 70$ to just appease a friend. Please, can you help? I know no one wants to from maybe breaking the rules? I don't see how this is but if it is so I apologize for it. I'm pulling at out my hair over this!

!!!

Thank you for reading and I greatly apologize for my butchered english for this. I am still getting the kincks out of using it correctly.

-CyrusDragonas
Check out this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/335245-the-last-story-freezing-at-loading-screen/

CyrusDragonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! Thank you. I'd already found that post but at that time it wasn't that large with so many replies. Guess I should'ved been more patient. Thank you very much for your reply. I was fully expecting to be told to rebuy the game in US format.

-Cyrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?