Gaming last story final boss help please!

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
argh. gotta be one of the most annoying bosses ever, you get such little time to fight the 3rd stage you cant figure out what to do! then you have to go through it all over again just to get back to it grrrrrr

so i read on gamefaq that i have to climb on the boxes and do a "Dunk Slash" on its head. what the hell is a Dunk Slash!? is it the vertical slice move? or is it a move that appears in my command list? or is it a gale? i have nowhere near enough time to find out as im either getting killed in one blow or having the boxes im climbing destroyed!

jus wanna get this finished :(

ok, i now know its the vertical slice move but i just tryed doing it on the 1st stage (dagran) and can hardly manage to hit him, iv got no chance when hes in his 3rd form!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Why did I even open and read this thread when I havnt even gotten that far yet... I saw the topic name, I knew what it was going to contain, and yet I opened it and read it.... /slap self /leavethread

vempire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what you have to do; stay back and defend. Wait for him to throw his sword at you. When he does that grab it and attack him as fast as you can and hit him many times as you can. Do this a few times and he's dead. I hope it helped. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Vempire : This boss is not the last boss, but the one just before the last boss.

The last boss has 3 forms.
The first and seconds are easy and fast to complete. (just hit).
The third one was harder, especially when he hit 99 999 :(

You try to keep using Mirania's revive spell to add a live to Zael, but it's not always possible when you need it.

Climbing on the cube is hard too as the boss is destroying them really fast. When I managed to do a slice attack, he was too far away to hit his head :(

So I used the method "make a barrel roll" :P
I dodged most of his attacks and kept the outsider power active to let other member cast magic.
I hit 3-4 time in the legs and roll back again, etc.
I could do it almost to the end so it's a working technique.

But, finally I lost my patience after retrying it too many time and having to fight each forms again each times.
I used ocarina (always 5 lives). I lost soooo many lives since I know I was invincible, the game lost his sense of tactical battles.
But if you have the patience and strength to do it like I did (hit and run), it's working fine. long, but efficient.

I'm so annoying that I can't complete all the quests back in town, most people I needed are not there anymore.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll just have to brute force it (I had a few Nameless, a Stranger +1, and some other good stuff plus Zael was at like level 66) really until you down him in his 3rd form, only then can you climb the cubes to do the jumping slice and aim for the chest, I was lucky enough to beat it on the first try by abusing Calista's special ability around his 3rd transformation.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
aha, sounds like im not the only one struggling!

hadnt thought of using calistas barrier special. its just so annoying having to get that far every time only to get my ass kicked in one hit from his 3rd form :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I fixed the title of the topic (missing a letter), and I saw your post uses few Color tags with black value, but I don't understand why you added them as the default font color is already black.

That's right, Calista's barrier was useful, I should have used it more often too.
I was more focused on heal and revive.

MikeTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with EnigmaBlade o.o he's really easy, I was at lvl 65 I think and it went smoothly.
The part where you have to do the climbing is when you did a lot of damage and he is trying to absorve the other outsider, that's when all your friends say to go for it, THEN you climb the blocks and give him a vertical slash, and that's it xD

Just use Callista's barrier and gale Mirania's heal circle to keep you alive, and remember to counter too, since it keeps some damage away.

When he gets the red barrier just use Yurick's meteor.

I really don't see why he's so hard xD I died more on other bosses

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with EnigmaBlade o.o he's really easy, I was at lvl 65 I think and it went smoothly.
The part where you have to do the climbing is when you did a lot of damage and he is trying to absorve the other outsider, that's when all your friends say to go for it, THEN you climb the blocks and give him a vertical slash, and that's it xD

Just use Callista's barrier and gale Mirania's heal circle to keep you alive, and remember to counter too, since it keeps some damage away.

When he gets the red barrier just use Yurick's meteor.

I really don't see why he's so hard xD I died more on other bosses

lol

Top game none the less very impressed. Hope he does a sequel.
Now a fan of hironobu sakaguchi work

The LM edition is ace....

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't know so many had problems with the last boss.. I had no problem at all. The only problem with a "boss" I had was the three cougers. But I was so low lvled.... I managed to get two of em down but then the third killed me. But that was not so problematic later in game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the main problem is that you need to take his 3 form again and again when you die, it's not hard but long and we tend to loose patience when you have to do it over and over :hateit:

My problem was that I fought it without ever climbing the cubes, as the boss was always destroying them when I did. I guess I missed the comment where they told me to wait until they distract him.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
I had no problems with the last boss at all. In fact, he was incredibly easy. I just kept damaging him until he stopped moving in his final form, climbed the cubes, and attacked him from above, thus killing him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse