Last Seen Movie

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Decided to rewatch Drive from 2011 having not seen it since about its DVD release I think.

Over too soon for my taste (one of the many would have made a better TV show) but still very good.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
images

This left me hooked!
Can't wait for the next part.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I wound up with a netflix account in front of me and thought I would sample their goods (though I find it might be Hulu but because UK). Could have watched that Arcane show which I heard was very good (watched it later and it was). but no let's go for an original film despite nothing really working before in my past dalliances.

Mother/Android
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13029044/

So I guess this is an attempt to cash in on "family survives end of the world", with the wheel of disasters landing on robot uprising and as I guess child actors are expensive, not to mention the woods are dangerous, then "just make her pregnant" for the annoying factor. We also get to go for travel rather than trying to shelter in place.

I should have turned it off 5 minutes in after the opening scene (the androids with demonstrated superhuman reflexes and considerable strength, and possibly long charge/means to charge easily, having now achieved sentience and no longer wanting to be service robots, can apparently turn mobile phones into bombs but decided not to upload a basic combat package to them for the takeover or have good patrol sweeps (the human military also being morons but eh). The rest of it was even more lacking cohesion, motivations, more than the more generic of struggles (I might have liked a proper survival film where he has to drag a pregnant woman somewhere).

There will probably be some debate over whether "wow a quiet place and/or birdbox made all the money" was the inspiration or they are going more for Children of Men, The Road or even Book of Eli (by far the weaker of these, even if it does feature Tom Waits). If considering this then rewatch any of those, or even dip into zombies with 28 days later/28 weeks later. Or if you want to run around in the woods in a survival situation in a game I have been playing that Days Gone game a bit of late and quite enjoying that.

Reactions: JuanMena

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Once more I find myself in front of a netflix account and deciding to give it a try. I should have learned my lesson but oh well.

Close 2019
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5316540/

A by the numbers bodyguard/on the run type film. They did make the effort to go to Morocco rather than green screen which was nice, and had some nice stunts/fight sequences. Few questionable moments and the ending sequence... don't expect much on that.
If I squint I could almost get an 80s "known for some action" type of film going on so I did not regret the time spent, which I guess is an improvement for Netflix originals that I have bothered with.

Dead2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first Don't Breathe. You think the guy is blind and can't fend for himself only to realize he's a badass.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
my last watched movies :

2021-11
Jurassic World Fallen kingdom
Dune 2021
LoveHard
Daredevil 2004
Bumblebee
Elektra 2005

2021-12
Seven sisters (What Happened to Monday)
Marvel, Shang chi and the ten rings
Mortal Engines
Transformers 5 : The Last Knight
Pacific Rim

2022-02
Hotel Transilvania 3 : not that good. only the first one was ok
Small foot (Yéti & compagny)
Marvel, Eternals
Ghostbuster afterlife (2021)
Dragon 3

2022-03
Monster hunter, Legends of the Guild (animation): Netflix, good
Monster Hunter (with Milla Jovovich) : This movie is a joke :gun:
Warcraft the beginning

Waiting for/wanting to watch:
MCU, Spiderman No way Home (DVD release in April 12th 2022)
Marvel, Venom 1 & 2
Marvel, Xmen the New Mutants
DCU, anything since Shazam up to The suicide squad (I'm late!)
DC Batman 2022
Uncharted
Jurassic world 3

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)