Last/notable experiments you did on yourself?

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As the upper legs of every tattoo artist and a multitude of experiments throughout history will attest your own body is a good easy thing to use for experiments.

Tomatoes and I do not get along. Courtesy of a randomised "spice" test done over a couple of weeks and noting my trips to the porcelain throne throughout we have some kind of proof of this as well.
Food is a popular one here with people wondering what happens if they cut out fizzy drinks, coffee, milk/dairy or another type of product.
The exercise part of that ever good combo "diet and exercise" is another. Every tried purposely setting out to do some kind of activity every day?

More cerebral pursuits are also a fun one.

If you have done something really cool like made yourself immune to snake venom then OK.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I've been on a lifelong experiment on myself to see if there's even a single thing in the universe that doesn't bore me...

Reactions: Deleted User

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Well... first time i'm talking about this in public. The only people that know about this are the people I am with every day, my family and closest friends.
So here goes!

You curious about what happens if someone doesn't eat X kind of food?
Ask me! Since I was about 3 yr old that my main meals are *just* french fries and white, simple, rice.
Meat? No. Fish? Nop. Vegetables? Nopperino. It's not the taste of the food (because I never tasted it, or if i did i was too young to remembe). It's just that my mind blocks and thinks that this food is bad and I just don't look at it like "normal" food.
As you can imagine, it's very limiting to live like this.
I was afraid to go out with my friends, didn't want to explain them and I wouldn't get to eat with them.
If me and my parents would go to a restaurant, they had to see if the rice was simple and there was nothing in it like carrots or some other condiments restaurants add to rice.

And this year, I got really upset with all this and begun thinking... I can't be the only one like this, there must be someone else that has the same problems.
Well... I searched the youtube, "first time eating pizza","first time eating burger". And damn it begun appearing more and more people.
It begun appearing a term, Selective Eating Disorder, I searched for it and found a youtube channel of a doctor that cured people like me.
What amazed me about that youtube channel it was the amount of videos there, and people actually trying the food, without any stress just after one appointment!!!
I talked with my parents, and went to London just to see him. When the appointment finished I tried, cheese (I used to run away from it! LITERALLY! ), grapes, pear, chicken nuggets. It was so weird!
Although I didnt change (yet) has much as those people, i'm slowly doing progress, trying to experiment more and more foods.
And I hope that 2018 will be the year I can say, I ate a normal meal!

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm always experimenting with my diet and exercise, so maybe that counts? It began around 5 years ago, and it's still continuing to this day. My diet's been relatively quite stable for a few years now, having settled on raw fruits/vegetables and pressed tofu, but the specific foods I consume, the amount of calories I get, how many of those come from fats, carbs, and proteins, and my exercise routine, are all still things I vary regularly just as a means to try and better understand my body. It's done a lot for my health, and it's been hugely helpful in terms of physical training.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really experimenting but if something happens, I try to replicate it.
See if it continues to happen or not.

An example would be a button that shocks you.
I would press it again and again, see if there's a pattern or w/e whilst a normal person would stop pressing after one time.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i would not call this experimenting, but i started taking showers differently.
for the past two weeks, i start my shower medium hot (washing my hair etc.)

then when i finish i turn off the medium hot and only use cold water as freezing cold as it gets the better, but i pour the cold water only on my body, all over my body not on my hair.

and well i love this change, i do this everyday now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Experiment. You'll have to try it for yourself and judge it from that perspective.
There is a difference between not rubbing one out or cutting down and whatever the morons at nofap preach.

Abstaining seems pointless but whatever and if you have real troubles then best to sort that. The notions I otherwise see them float I do truly find to be detestable.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There is a difference between not rubbing one out or cutting down and whatever the morons at nofap preach.

Abstaining seems pointless but whatever and if you have real troubles then best to sort that. The notions I otherwise see them float I do truly find to be detestable.
To add a bit, even if irrelevant to the thread, "abstaining" from even fapping is VERY bad for men. Women are fine and not needed to do it, but if guys don't fap 1-2 times a week, they are extremely prone to erectile dysfunctions and other health issues related as the muscles you got down there need exercise or they will stop functioning right...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well... first time i'm talking about this in public. The only people that know about this are the people I am with every day, my family and closest friends.
So here goes!

You curious about what happens if someone doesn't eat X kind of food?
Ask me! Since I was about 3 yr old that my main meals are *just* french fries and white, simple, rice.
Meat? No. Fish? Nop. Vegetables? Nopperino. It's not the taste of the food (because I never tasted it, or if i did i was too young to remembe). It's just that my mind blocks and thinks that this food is bad and I just don't look at it like "normal" food.
As you can imagine, it's very limiting to live like this.
I was afraid to go out with my friends, didn't want to explain them and I wouldn't get to eat with them.
If me and my parents would go to a restaurant, they had to see if the rice was simple and there was nothing in it like carrots or some other condiments restaurants add to rice.

And this year, I got really upset with all this and begun thinking... I can't be the only one like this, there must be someone else that has the same problems.
Well... I searched the youtube, "first time eating pizza","first time eating burger". And damn it begun appearing more and more people.
It begun appearing a term, Selective Eating Disorder, I searched for it and found a youtube channel of a doctor that cured people like me.
What amazed me about that youtube channel it was the amount of videos there, and people actually trying the food, without any stress just after one appointment!!!
I talked with my parents, and went to London just to see him. When the appointment finished I tried, cheese (I used to run away from it! LITERALLY! ), grapes, pear, chicken nuggets. It was so weird!
Although I didnt change (yet) has much as those people, i'm slowly doing progress, trying to experiment more and more foods.
And I hope that 2018 will be the year I can say, I ate a normal meal!
How come you didn’t die of malnutrition? Did you take vitamins?

Reactions: WeedZ

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
A pretty high dose of a certain antihystaminic was an interesting one. Lost track of what was real for a certain time.

I was incredibly stupid during my pre 20 years.
Don't do stupid things kids.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not really experimenting but if something happens, I try to replicate it.
See if it continues to happen or not.

An example would be a button that shocks you.
I would press it again and again, see if there's a pattern or w/e whilst a normal person would stop pressing after one time.
I've seen an experiment like this. I think it was vsauce. They put people in a room with a button that would shock them. Told them to wait for them to come back. When faced with boredom almost all of them shocked themselves two or three times.

Reactions: VinsCool
D

Deleted User

ooo
i like this thread
but i dont want to get it locked so im not gonna say anything about what i do :P

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ooo
i like this thread
but i dont want to get it locked so im not gonna say anything about what i do :P
kwxo1_s-200x150.gif

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've seen an experiment like this. I think it was vsauce. They put people in a room with a button that would shock them. Told them to wait for them to come back. When faced with boredom almost all of them shocked themselves two or three times.

I'm more interested if it continues to happen or if it's a pattern.
Maybe I'll get a reward afterwards much like the Little Sisters in BS 1 had to push a button under a Big Daddy which rewarded then with a packet of crisps.
Pressing the button under a splicer would shock them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol