Last game you were/are hyped for?

VGrift

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the last game you were legitimately hyped for? Currently can't wait for cyberpunk. Before that, Doom: Eternal.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has been quite a while. Probably something in the 360 era.

Some of the skateboarding games had me curious in more recent years but nothing like the anticipation for Skate 3.

Cyberpunk 2077 I can see being excited for. I think we are probably still about 5-10 years off having such a thing be "I am going to go live in a game instead" for open world fun but I will be stunned if it is not a game of the decade contender even if the decade has only just started.

Hype is hard to build when everything is multiplayer focused, laden with tricks grabbing at my wallet, lacking features like local co-op, usually with smaller and less polished maps/item selections than a PS1 game, possibly afraid to push the boat out and generally not living up to the promise of things in favour of telling a simple safe story that appeals to the maximum number of people possible.

VGrift

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been quite a while. Probably something in the 360 era.

Some of the skateboarding games had me curious in more recent years but nothing like the anticipation for Skate 3.

Cyberpunk 2077 I can see being excited for. I think we are probably still about 5-10 years off having such a thing be "I am going to go live in a game instead" for open world fun but I will be stunned if it is not a game of the decade contender even if the decade has only just started.

Hype is hard to build when everything is multiplayer focused, laden with tricks grabbing at my wallet, lacking features like local co-op, usually with smaller and less polished maps/item selections than a PS1 game, possibly afraid to push the boat out and generally not living up to the promise of things in favour of telling a simple safe story that appeals to the maximum number of people possible.

I feel you there on the point of them being too multiplayer focused. Gone are the days of couch co-op and dlc aimed towards the main campaign instead of numerous multiplayer add ins (looking at you GTA 5 and RDR 2)

D

Deleted User

Bright Memory: Infinite, i played the demo (Bright Memory) a few times already and it was great, might even get a 2070s to try out rtx

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was streets of rage 4, but now it’s kings bounty 2! I love kings bounty on the genesis. I still play it. I can’t wait to see what kings bounty 2 looks like. The battle system is being retained. It’s got the hexagonal layout.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As die-hard Soulsbourne fan, it's ELDEN RING.

I was pretty dissapointed that FROM didn't show anything at TGS.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ys ix, though I'm kinda hyped for ghostrunner or whatever that cyberpunk spinoff is called. I've checked the eshop multiple times and there's not even a page for it. wtf, nintendo?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: LOL K3N. HAHAH!