Gaming Last best 10 DS games dumped?

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, what do you think are the last 10 best DS games that were dumped?
I've haven't been able to update my DS for a while so looking for some inspiration, cheers
biggrin.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a time when I asked questions such as this myself. I was NEVER satisfied with the answers I received. What is considered the "best" games is highly subjective. It's very difficult for anyone to recommend games to someone who may have vastly different tastes in games than you do.

I mean....some people actually like those Imagine games for instance, but most of us wouldn't even vomit on them let alone put them on our flashcarts or {gasp} buy them. Many people love RPG's, but I don't have time to play long drawn-out (and ultimately boring to me) games like that. FPS's seem to be all the rage for gamers these days, but I hate them myself. Pokemon......people go gaga for those games, but to me they are far too cutesy to even consider. I'm sure you get my point. I've read a lot of the "must have" lists around the net and out of the the dozens of games they would list, I would only be interested in maybe 5% of them.

I know it may be time-consuming, but you need to research for yourself what games you might like. Go to the "releases" section, look through the releases and when you run across a title that sounds like it may be interesting to you, look for reviews of that game. Don't go straight for the review score, read the review and see if it sounds interesting to YOU. That is the only way you can truly determine which games you'll like.

I know for a fact that if I listed games that I like and tried to recommend them to you, I would be flamed into non-existence by most of the community.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Yeah, just check the essential list. And why the latest best 10 games anyway? Whether the game is new or old doesn't affect the quality of the game in any significant way.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you know, it occurs to me exactly how many rubbish games the are for the DS...

we are over 3000 on the release list, and about 50 on the "essentials" list. which means 1.7% of ds games are actually worth playing

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
these are the last few games i got:

megaman zx advent
mugen no frontier (with english patch)
elebits
metal slug 7 [E]
soma bringer
tales of innocence

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
There was a time when I asked questions such as this myself. I was NEVER satisfied with the answers I received. What is considered the "best" games is highly subjective. It's very difficult for anyone to recommend games to someone who may have vastly different tastes in games than you do.

I mean....some people actually like those Imagine games for instance, but most of us wouldn't even vomit on them let alone put them on our flashcarts or {gasp} buy them. Many people love RPG's, but I don't have time to play long drawn-out (and ultimately boring to me) games like that. FPS's seem to be all the rage for gamers these days, but I hate them myself. Pokemon......people go gaga for those games, but to me they are far too cutesy to even consider. I'm sure you get my point. I've read a lot of the "must have" lists around the net and out of the the dozens of games they would list, I would only be interested in maybe 5% of them.

I know it may be time-consuming, but you need to research for yourself what games you might like. Go to the "releases" section, look through the releases and when you run across a title that sounds like it may be interesting to you, look for reviews of that game. Don't go straight for the review score, read the review and see if it sounds interesting to YOU. That is the only way you can truly determine which games you'll like.

I know for a fact that if I listed games that I like and tried to recommend them to you, I would be flamed into non-existence by most of the community.

Don't get me wrong, I've been around since release 0001, I'm more than capable of deciding which games are good overall. I'm asking you, as an individual what you think the best last 10 dumps were, you can be as subjective as you like but once you have a couple of top 10 lists to compare against it starts to get interesting. I'm looking for things like, as the market gets bigger does hype about certain releases grow? Has the quality dropped now more 3rd parties are involved or are these the developers pushing the hardware harder etc etc...

A Last Best 10 Games Dumped list voted by members would actually sit very nicely between the Essentials and Underrated list I feel. I just wasn't expecting such resistance haha
moogle.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No but you have to understand that the thread is pointless as many people will just anounce their favourite games overall because many people will not be bothered to look at what they enjoyed in chronological order. Look at nin10do fo example. No offense intended.
There is also the issue of this becoming another essential thread that starts from today as more games will be released and more games will be put in the thread, not allowing any sense of comparison to be made.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
you know, it occurs to me exactly how many rubbish games the are for the DS...

we are over 3000 on the release list, and about 50 on the "essentials" list. which means 1.7% of ds games are actually worth playing
Don't forget that many of the games have been released more than once because of their regions.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
InuYasha said:
4ppleseed said:
InuYasha said:
~Points to the releases section at the top of the forum~

What's that got to do with the last 10 BEST games dumped?

Thats for you to decide,there is no magical top ten list of games everybody plays.....

But I'm asking YOU as an individual. hahaa... never mind, I'll go elsewhere.
hate2.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see the point in this, its not like if you choose bad games to try you will have wasted your money
tongue.gif

however, if you want recomendations:
ace attorney series
chrono trigger
final fantasy series (about 6 for DS and gba)
dementium: the ward
the world ends with you

that is more than 10 just off the top of my head

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Feel free t check out my "before you make a game suggestionm thread" it has some direction and sites you can use to effectively find games you will enjoy.

Such as 10 best latest dumps, or whatever. Pretty simple, go through the release lists and find games that have a ton of posts, usually means people are talking about the game for one reason or another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol