Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
Laser Hockey DS 0.4.0
Now using Box2D physics engine
[2535]laser_hockey_ds.png

MrTyzik has completed recoded his Laser Hockey DS game, now using Box2D for the physics engine. This significantly improves gameplay. Download below.

* Using Box2D for physics, still needs a lot of tweaking and bug fixing; it took almost two months but it's a huge improvement
* Re-initializing memory between screen changes to avoid a memory leak
* Remove remnants of old placeholder engine
* Using Box2D's body rotation for the sprite rotation
* Player two takes control of physics updates when ball is in his or her court, a vast improvement in responsiveness of game play for player two
* Select button now exits practice and multiplayer games

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Homepage

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems pretty cool. The graphics could be cleaned up a little. Physics seems to be working. No sounds or music in this. Also its multiplayer centric. There's a practice mode where the other paddle just goes side to side, no cpu opponent (yet?). I'll be looking out for this one. Laser Hockey on WiiPlay was one of my favorites on it.

J

Jackreyes

Its trying to replicate the Wii Play one which had a puck with a whole in it.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noONE said:
Hmm,looks kinda good, but the old E3 tech demo version of "laser hockey" seems better right now atleast, i'll stick with that for now, but this is for sure interesting.
Try Sumiguchi's Paddle Battle. It's a lot better than that E3 tech demo. It's got multiple opponents, different table designs, some training mini-games and, of course, no time limit.

As for Laser Hockey, I've tried the older version before and I don't recall noticing any problems with the physics in it, but in the version, they're all broken and unpredictable. When you hit the puck hard, sometimes it'll barely move at all and you'll have to scramble to hit it again before it leaves your screen, other times it'll move so fast you can't even see it. Hopefully those problems can be ironed out since box2d should be able to give a more fluid feel to a game like this, but something's not workig right now.

...word is bondage...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night