I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Stuck green screen = UniBIOS not found.

UniBIOS 4.0 has been added among other things. Updating neogeo.zip may be necessary. And checking that unibios is selected in retroarch options.
Or it's just broken now...
yep.

Look on the Internet "RetroArch BIOS Pack"... i won't publish any link to that. (because by GBAtemp rules).

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Stuck green screen = UniBIOS not found.

UniBIOS 4.0 has been added among other things. Updating neogeo.zip may be necessary. And checking that unibios is selected in retroarch options.
Or it's just broken now...
My! Will test this as soon as possible.

EDIT: Wiimpathy dude, the last think I want you to do is to worry over an insignificant problem.
But I think I should report your suggestion?
What you and SaulFabre told me to update the Unibios, didn't solved the issue.
Still, I can use old version of Neo-Geo v0.4 and it works fine. So I'm okay with that.
Just leaving this post in case anyone is having the same problem.

Perhaps I'm just being stupid, but to be honest, if it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: SaulFabre

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and normal when I start the neo geo games these files are formed in the root of the HD and not in a folder
kof98.fs
mslug.fs
mslug2.fs
mslug3.fs
mslug4.fs
mslug5.fs
mslugx.fs
samsh5sp.fs

flamming_python

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Wiimpathy tried adding the samsh5pf romset info with this info in my rominfo.mvs file, and it created the required caches, then i've loaded it with @SuperrSonic's RA-HEXAECO fba2012_neogeo_vm.dol core but it didn't work (it shows only a black screen):

Any help? :(

EDIT: Tried also with your latest version of FBA NeoGeo VM 0.6, but still doesn't work (black screen again). Help!! :(

That romset info looks a bit funny here:

REGION( 0x80000, GFX2, ENCRYPTED ) ROM( 0, 273-s1.bin, 0x000000, 0x20000, 0xabb3baf9 ) REGION( 0x90000, CPU2, ENCRYPTED ) ROM( 0, 273-m1.bin, 0x10000, 0x20000, 0x654e9236 )

In my understanding the REGION address should be equivalent to the sum of its constituent ROMs plus the offset of the first ROM.

Try changing REGION( 0x80000, GFX2, ENCRYPTED ) to REGION( 0x20000, GFX2, ENCRYPTED )
And REGION( 0x90000, CPU2, ENCRYPTED ) to REGION( 0x30000, CPU2, ENCRYPTED )

Well I'm dealing with a black screen myself (post an initial multicolor boot-up sequence) when trying to play Samurai Shodown V Perfect. But it must be for a different reason. And I'm trying to do so on a PSP not a Wii

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
That romset info looks a bit funny here:

REGION( 0x80000, GFX2, ENCRYPTED ) ROM( 0, 273-s1.bin, 0x000000, 0x20000, 0xabb3baf9 ) REGION( 0x90000, CPU2, ENCRYPTED ) ROM( 0, 273-m1.bin, 0x10000, 0x20000, 0x654e9236 )

In my understanding the REGION address should be equivalent to the sum of its constituent ROMs plus the offset of the first ROM.

Try changing REGION( 0x80000, GFX2, ENCRYPTED ) to REGION( 0x20000, GFX2, ENCRYPTED )
And REGION( 0x90000, CPU2, ENCRYPTED ) to REGION( 0x30000, CPU2, ENCRYPTED )

Well I'm dealing with a black screen myself (post an initial multicolor boot-up sequence) when trying to play Samurai Shodown V Perfect. But it must be for a different reason. And I'm trying to do so on a PSP not a Wii
welp, the build with samsh5pf didn't like these values or i think my romset. Black screen.
Post automatically merged:

PD: I will post the build with samsh5pf support.

@flamming_python i've posted the emulator which supposedly supports the roms samsh5fe and samsh5pf

Attachments

• fba2012_neogeo_vm-RA-HEXAeco_17112020.zip
    771.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by SaulFabre,

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
@SaulFabre I have the standalone HEXAeco for Neo Geo. Can I just place this .dol file in the apps\ra-neogeo folder and use the rom converter to create the cache files for samsh5fe and samsh5pf private\other\system\cache?

Hmm, I get an error with the in mvsconv.bat

Attachments

• Samurai Shodown V Perfect Error.PNG
    Samurai Shodown V Perfect Error.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited by Charco,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre I have the standalone HEXAeco for Neo Geo. Can I just place this .dol file in the apps\ra-neogeo folder and use the rom converter to create the cache files for samsh5fe and samsh5pf private\other\system\cache?

Hmm, I get an error with the in mvsconv.bat
same thing here.

Anyone have seen how to play that game on Wii using the emulator i've posted here eariler?

Can I just place this .dol file in the apps\ra-neogeo folder
Yes but u need to rename the dol as fba2012_ngvm_samsh5pf.dol for avoid confusion

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, pity the rom converter doesn't work to cache the files. I have no way of testing the core unless we can do that first.

At least one positive side effect of looking into this is I realised I had not created the cache files for Matrimelee or Rage of the Dragons, two fun games to add to my Wii!

Last edited by Charco,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning