Gaming (LARGE IMAGE WARNING) The BIT.TRIP collections -- which one is the best?

Your thoughts?

• SAGA

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • COMPLETE

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • COLLECTION

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • THE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.
I love the BIT.TRIP series. Its pick-up-and-play nature combined with its occasionally brutal difficulty makes for the best series of rhythm games ever, and the story is pretty good.
The only problem is...well, I haven't bought the games yet. I've just been pirating the entire series, over and over again.
Now I'm ready to buy a copy of one of the games in the original series.

OH, WAIT.
The Wii Shop Channel has been dead for over four months. I can't legally get the games one at a time anymore, outside of Steam, and Steam games are so dang easy to pirate that I'll feel ripped off if I buy one.
Thankfully, there are collections; in particular, there are four physically-released collections that I know of. I just don't know which one to get.

711jQza5HNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BIT.TRIP SAGA

Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Complete price (as of Jun. 5, 2019): $6.77​
Pros: Portability, price
Cons: I've pirated this one before, and at least on the digital version, Beat's timing is a little wonky.​

71xw39Y0gGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE

Platform: Nintendo Wii
Complete price: $15.71​
Pros: Controls, bonus content, album
Cons: Unknown​

71TjIJjxqFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

THE BIT.TRIP

Platform: Sony Playstation 4
Complete price: $18.54​
Pros: MENU
Cons: Price, limited run (duh), lack of PS4 currently within the household (we'll get one when we move)​

61w96YRkUFL._SL1200_.jpg

THE BIT.TRIP COLLECTION

Platform: Microsoft Windows
Complete price: $9.99​
Pros: <test>
Cons: (Alleged) DRM​

Those are my options. Which one should I get? Are there any to avoid at all costs? Did I miss a collection? What are your thoughts on the series? Is there a physical release for Runner 2?

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want the soundtrack, buy the Wii version.
If you live in Europe, the 3DS versiom BIT.TRIP is now 60% off in the Nintendo eShop. The touch controls for this game feel natural and better than Wiimote controls.
But holy s##t, BIT.TRIP is on PC’s and PS4 now? I checked Steam and it’s holy hell expensive, so buy a physical release instead. However, for the point & touch games, I believe it will be awful with a keyboard, mouse and controllers.

In other words: Buy BIT.TRIP Saga.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +2