(LARGE IMAGE WARNING) The BIT.TRIP collections -- which one is the best?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by UltraSUPRA, Jun 6, 2019.

?
  1. SAGA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. COMPLETE

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. COLLECTION

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. THE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. UltraSUPRA
    OP

UltraSUPRA Born in '04, living in '96.

May 4, 2018
    United States
    So.
    I love the BIT.TRIP series. Its pick-up-and-play nature combined with its occasionally brutal difficulty makes for the best series of rhythm games ever, and the story is pretty good.
    The only problem is...well, I haven't bought the games yet. I've just been pirating the entire series, over and over again.
    Now I'm ready to buy a copy of one of the games in the original series.

OH, WAIT.
    The Wii Shop Channel has been dead for over four months. I can't legally get the games one at a time anymore, outside of Steam, and Steam games are so dang easy to pirate that I'll feel ripped off if I buy one.
    Thankfully, there are collections; in particular, there are four physically-released collections that I know of. I just don't know which one to get.

[​IMG]
    BIT.TRIP SAGA

Platform: Nintendo 3DS
    Complete price (as of Jun. 5, 2019): $6.77​
    Pros: Portability, price
    Cons: I've pirated this one before, and at least on the digital version, Beat's timing is a little wonky.​

[​IMG]
    BIT.TRIP COMPLETE

Platform: Nintendo Wii
    Complete price: $15.71​
    Pros: Controls, bonus content, album
    Cons: Unknown​

[​IMG]
    THE BIT.TRIP

Platform: Sony Playstation 4
    Complete price: $18.54​
    Pros: MENU
    Cons: Price, limited run (duh), lack of PS4 currently within the household (we'll get one when we move)​

[​IMG]
    THE BIT.TRIP COLLECTION

Platform: Microsoft Windows
    Complete price: $9.99​
    Pros: <test>
    Cons: (Alleged) DRM​

Those are my options. Which one should I get? Are there any to avoid at all costs? Did I miss a collection? What are your thoughts on the series? Is there a physical release for Runner 2?

2. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot ...The Nintendo DSi, am I right?

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    If you want the soundtrack, buy the Wii version.
    If you live in Europe, the 3DS versiom BIT.TRIP is now 60% off in the Nintendo eShop. The touch controls for this game feel natural and better than Wiimote controls.
    But holy s##t, BIT.TRIP is on PC’s and PS4 now? I checked Steam and it’s holy hell expensive, so buy a physical release instead. However, for the point & touch games, I believe it will be awful with a keyboard, mouse and controllers.

In other words: Buy BIT.TRIP Saga.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted