True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
A relative of mine is looking for a laptop, but I am not really sure what to suggest.
He will be using it for some gaming use, but will also use it for study/work purposes, so I suppose something with mid level graphics should suffice.
Something which can, say, allow him to run some recent games at at least medium to low graphics, maybe medium high. Maybe Skyrim, or Batman Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Sleeping Dogs etc. etc..
He may perhaps want to emulate some games, most likely DragonBall Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the PS2.
It should also hopefully be not too expensive, and should last for quite a few years(Not gaming wise, but standard usage.)
Any laptops you guys can suggest which fits these criteria?

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Right, forgot to say that the maximum he's willing to pay is 888$, sorry for not including that info derp >>;
Gonna look into Samsung 700, in the meanwhile, is this any good? http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/ideapad/y-series/y580/
It seems fairly powerful, and AFAIK he doesn't require bluray so its right within his budget :V Iunno though, I can't seem to find any reviews for it, must be doing something wrong

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to find reviews for specific laptop models just because there's so damn many of them.

Brand reliability isn't really a thing. It's down to the line/model (usually the line). For example you find so many people saying Dell sucks because Dell sells so many PoS laptops, because people will happily go to Walmart and buy the cheapest laptop they see all the time, so people simply end up buying a lot of shitty laptops from Dell... whereas people who buy their more expensive XPS systems (gaming and stuff like that) have far less issues because they're not buying total pieces of shit.

That laptop looks fine for gaming and emulation at that price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr