Hardware Laptop not charging

WII_GUY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Samsung R20 laptop doesnt want to charge.

Specs:2Ghz Intel Pentium
14.1 inch screen
ATI Radeon something

Battery Icon at the bottom of the screen says:6% available(plugged in not charging)

help please?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could be that the computer is using more power than available for both the charging and usage. Could also be a problem with the charger or connector to the laptop.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How long have you used your laptop? As a tech, I've come across quite some laptops of which the battery was just worn out. The laptop still worked fine on adapter (even without the battery inserted), but simply refused to add anything to the battery (until you swapped it with another one).

At least try out your laptop without the battery, as well as charging the battery without it being on. If it works without the battery, you can safely assume the adapter works fine. If it charges (from 6% to anything above) when it's turned off, Qtis's theory that the PC is draining energy faster than it can get holds true.

WII_GUY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How long have you used your laptop? As a tech, I've come across quite some laptops of which the battery was just worn out. The laptop still worked fine on adapter (even without the battery inserted), but simply refused to add anything to the battery (until you swapped it with another one).

At least try out your laptop without the battery, as well as charging the battery without it being on. If it works without the battery, you can safely assume the adapter works fine. If it charges (from 6% to anything above) when it's turned off, Qtis's theory that the PC is draining energy faster than it can get holds true.
I turned my laptop off and it charged!
And for the record, I have used this little over a year, mom used about 5 years...

Qtis was right, my battery settings were set to High Performance bcause of my 1.83Ghz processor.

Thanks to both of you for helping me!

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt