Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I got a HP 250 G4 from school, but my problem is that because of its shitty surface, it collects dust and other shit too easily, meaning if I even just touch it, it'll be dirty.

I tried many things to clean it, including many scrubbing material (cotton pads, sponge, an old towel), and many scrubbing chemicals (water, tap water, CIF, window cleaner w/ alcohol), but none of these can get rid of the shit that's in the indents completely.

If you don't know, this laptop has a weird surface, making it a dirt collector:
HP-250-G4-3-News-Hitech-Digital-Newshitechdigital.com_.png

Any ideas?

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you try to brush it out? A small brush like toothbrush or nailbrush should work, but it might scratch the surface if you aren't careful.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Did you try to brush it out? A small brush like toothbrush or nailbrush should work, but it might scratch the surface if you aren't careful.

Lol, I never thought about using a brush :P I'll try brush + CIF :P Thanks for pointing out :D

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
If you really wanted to, you could use a pin or needle to get into the really hard-to-reach crevices, although looking at that picture, it seems there are many crevices you'd have to clean out.
I think a vacuum would be more appropriate, as you could just brush it over the affected area and swoop away all the little particles stuck in there.

Have you considered finding some kind of cover or seal to close off all those holes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)