Not open for further replies.

talicni67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have problem when try to connect Vita on laptop with usb cable. I was Install qcma and when connect vita to laptop, only what I see is empty folder from vita internal memory. Can't get access to my memory card at all. Matter of fact, can't see memory card and its content. Try with all 3 types of drivers in qcma and result is always the same. In vita have henkaku and vitashell, fw is 3.67, vita is slim model and use micro sd memory card with adapter. Can someone help me how to solve this problem?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to do? You have vitashell already? In vita shell if press select it will hook up ether usb or ftp which ever u have it set to. I think if press start then u get to menu where can toggle between the two. But anyway when set to usb that’s how ur memory card will show up. Through qcma app that is just for using the content manager app to transfer back and forth from pc. There’s the content manager app on vita that works with qcma. But from what sounds like u want you want to just hook usb in vitashell then you will get pop up folder. U will have to unhide protected system files in windows to have access to all folders on memory card

talicni67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes I have vitashell. I want to transfer games from laptop to vita with usb cable. Simple. Bu I can't.

In vitashell first pres "select", then hook up vita with laptop with usb cable. Refresh database in qcma and get message "No ps vita system has been registered". When I try with CMA to connect vita to laptop, also can't. I turn on "show hidden files and folders" in floders options, but again nothing happened when connect vita and laptop.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you use vitashell you use the windows file browser. If you use qcma you have to use the stock memory manager app on the vita. Vitashell doesn't go with qcma.

Last edited by WeedZ,

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
If you use vitashell you use the windows file browser. If you use qcma you have to use the stock memory manager app on the vita. Vitashell doesn't go with qcma.
This.
If you want to actually browse your memory card, connecting through VitaShell's USB function is what you want. If you want to backup/restore content Sony-style, CMA/QCMA is the way to go.
The way the Vita appears in Windows normally is misleading. The MTP functionality of the Vita is completely useless, so even though it appears as a drive, you can't do diddly squat.
CMA/QCMA are not Vita browsing applications. There are none. You have to use VitaShell to make the Vita appear as an actual usable drive.

Reactions: talicni67

talicni67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, I want to browse my memory card and transfer games via usb cable. I think that the easiest and the fastest way to transfer games is with usb cable. It doesn't matter if it's a Vita, a phone, or anything else. That's the reason why I want to use cable instead of ftp. I tried countless times to connect Vita through Vitashell, but unsuccessful. Would someone help me what exactly I have to do, to connect Vita and laptop thorugh Vitashell and finally get access to memory card?

talicni67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I did it several times, I already wrote about it. Now, when connect Vita through Vitashell in windows explorer see Vita as MTP USB Device, but folder is empty and in Vita get this error 0x80024302 :(

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I did it several times, I already wrote about it. Now, when connect Vita through Vitashell in windows explorer see Vita as MTP USB Device, but folder is empty and in Vita get this error 0x80024302 :(

Sorry, I thought you were trying to connect Vita shell to qcma. Seems something is up with your drivers. Try removing CMA and qcma, including drivers, and connect, see what happens.

talicni67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I do that and nothing. And after that I install fresh copy of Windows 7, connect again Vita through Vitashell and always the same - Windows explorer show Vita as MTP USB Device in empty folder. I don't know how to solve this problem. Whether I connect Vita to a laptop with a USB cable or I try via qcma, result is always the same :cry:

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That definitely sounds like a driver issue. Might need to use Device Manager to make sure that the regular Vita driver is fully uninstalled (sometimes the PC will allow multiple versions of it).
Completely uninstall both CMA and QCMA, then follow this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...es-not-display-devices-that-are-not-connected
Find any Vita drivers that might be present and uninstall them.
Then, reinstall ONLY QCMA by following this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/komore...cma-with-usb-without-problems-in-windows/amp/

Reactions: WeedZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs