Language patcher for WiiWare

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by baseline007, May 28, 2008.

May 28, 2008
  1. baseline007
    OP

Newcomer baseline007 Advanced Member

Philippines
    okay, i tried tv show king wiiware. i freethewad-ed it and set to region free.. the language is still japanese as my wii is 3.2J. Im just asking if it is out there somewhere a language patcher for the WiiWare titles. Pop is the same thing too... region is free but language is jap..

tnx!

2. JJBro1

Member JJBro1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    why dont you just download the english wad, unless that comes in japanese as well some how. I download japanese wads on my english wii and theyre still in japanese. I kinda want a language converter so i can play pokemon ranch.

3. pandapandapanda

Newcomer pandapandapanda Member

That is using the English version. The game contains both languages and goes based on your consoles language settings. If you have a Japanese Wii you can't set your language to anything but Japanese.

4. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    yeah

still no sign of any kind of forcing,,,,

cmon custom firmwares with custom regions

5. baseline007
    OP

Newcomer baseline007 Advanced Member

Philippines
    what pandapanda said is true... ive used the english version of tv show king wad.. but it uses the language on the console.. i have a jap wii and so its all japanese.. it sucks.. just gonna have to wait..

6. alpha0000

Newcomer alpha0000 Advanced Member

Hong Kong
    I found that some wiiware wads contain compressed DOL file (00000001.app) which making WGLP not workable. WGLP works for those normal DOL file. If someone got the tools to decompress and compress such compressed DOL, WGLP could help.