ROM Hack [lang. hack] Pokémon HG / SS USA Freeze solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wei to Dawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I tried the patched SS on my DSTT with the latest firmware (v1.17a12) and I'm encountering some serious issues. First I played it with my old Japanese save and the game loaded and I could walk around, but it would freeze as soon as I opened my pokedex or tried to check my pokemon's status.

So I tried to start a new game, at which point it told me that I could not save any data unless I deleted my save file first. After I deleted my save file, I cannot get past the Lugia start screen, the game freezes with blackscreen. Any suggestions what to do?

EriitoOokami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zerox8610 said:
Hey guys, i have yet to try the patch... but i just had a thought (and didnt wanna spam with a new topic) Could the reason behind all the freezing and such be related to the IR sensor from the retail cart??? Could the rom be trying to communicate with it and locking up???

Just a thought

its more likly that, on start up, it looks for the ir unit and dosent find it, and thinks "well, cant find the ir unit, guess i better start up the ap"

SelomT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zerox8610 said:
Hey guys, i have yet to try the patch... but i just had a thought (and didnt wanna spam with a new topic) Could the reason behind all the freezing and such be related to the IR sensor from the retail cart??? Could the rom be trying to communicate with it and locking up???

Just a thought

I brought this up a couple of days after the ROM was orginally dumped, and it's been proven otherwise. In your defense, those threads have been deleted, so it's just great minds think alike
smile.gif

waluigi3351

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, when i hold b to run, then let it go to walk normally, my character "moonwalks"! COOL! thats a cool bug

xbrosss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xero259 said:
xbrosss said:
battle tower has 8 options in (J) and 6 in (U), what will you do in these cases?

Thank you for doing this, i think everyone had this idea but no one wanted to do all the work

and oh, has someone the AP patch for (J) soul silver? my game frezes (not 24, it's more like 120+ events or some big number, the thing is that still freezes) i'll google anyway.

what card r u using?

i'm using R4 1.18 + YSmenu latest version

ok i found Rudolph patch, so what should i do? first this patch and then rudolph?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The latest YSMenu build was supposed to fix the freezing problems with the japanese game. That's weird...

Kyrochi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ryqib12 said:
OWNER: Prof. Oak? When are you completed with the new patch?
PROF OAK: I'm done in half an houre!
Could you tell me what's translated in v1 and what will be done in V2? i'm super confused. keep up the good work

Lorch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I just patch the 1.0 rom to 1.5 or do I have to use the blank rom?
And thanks for fixing the yes no button so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong