Lan Play with friends around per Emunand

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'd like to know if I could play for example Mario Kart 8 per LAN Play on Emunand. I have 90dns on my switch btw. Would I get banned by Nintendo if I try to play in Lan play with friends? (Does Lan play mean like in the 3ds era, that it's download play so you have a "private" connection between your devices without WiFi networks?)

grooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'd like to know if I could play for example Mario Kart 8 per LAN Play on Emunand. I have 90dns on my switch btw. Would I get banned by Nintendo if I try to play in Lan play with friends? (Does Lan play mean like in the 3ds era, that it's download play so you have a "private" connection between your devices without WiFi networks?)
You should rely on MITM DNS instead of 90DNS.

If you've blocked Nintendo servers, then it's safe to try.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
You can actually lan play Mario Kart 8 with both real Switch consoles and an emulator such as Yuzi too.

If you press the L Button and R Button, and then press the left analog stick on the Mario Kart 8 main menu you unlock a proper "Lan Play" mode. This allows any Switch or emulator connected to the same local network (router) to play with each other.

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can actually lan play Mario Kart 8 with both real Switch consoles and an emulator such as Yuzi too.

If you press the L Button and R Button, and then press the left analog stick on the Mario Kart 8 main menu you unlock a proper "Lan Play" mode. This allows any Switch or emulator connected to the same local network (router) to play with each other.
Will a menu from homebrew get unlocked or...? Do I need to install anything or how does that work?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Will a menu from homebrew get unlocked or...? Do I need to install anything or how does that work?
You don't require homebrew or anything. The Switch just needs to be connected to your router either via wireless or ethernet and it will see any other Mario Kart 8 games also in Lan pay mode on your local network. This includes emulated Mario Kart 8 games on Yuzu.

Mimikyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And for that all, I won't get detected by Nintendo and get banned, right? Cause I also have 90dns so I guess there won't be any trouble, or am I wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.