Lan Play GUI - A Graphical Interface for lan play [UPDATED V1.3.0]

Hello everyone, I'd like to share with you Lan Play GUI, a graphical interface for lan-play.

electron_2018-12-16_13-20-28.png

Lan Play GUI lets you manage your own list of servers: add, delete, edit, and refresh them, as well as being able to see which are online, and how many players there are. On top of this, you're able to see the server version, and of course launch it with lan-play without having to type out a command.

It is currently available for Win32, Win64, Linux, raspberry PI and Mac OSX.

Video Guide with the new v1.1.0 update for Windows:

UPDATE 12/2/19 1.3.0
whatsapp-image-2019-02-12-at-8-19-21-pm-jpeg.157679

A new update has been released version v1.3.0 THE WEB GUI Update!
Changelog:
-added a WEB GUI to be able to control the GUI from any device whit web browser on your network like your phone, your tablet, or even your nintendo switch itself.(yes is similar to the webui thing, but this should be less clunky and more beautiful) to access it you have to go to http://your local ip:8008 after you launch the GUI
-added multi language support(this was going to be the 1.2.0 update hence the jump from 1.1.0 to 1.3.0) thought for now there is only 2 languages, english and spanish.
-added a custom title bar with custom close and minimize buttons
-added a custom icon
-added more integration on windows
-dropped OSX support
-Updated way to launch lan play to one that is better
-Updated the way that the GUI fetches the information about ping and player number to one more optimized
-added a loading bar for updating the information about the ping and player number
-added a autoupdate feature
-enhance design
-added custom animations for changing the order of servers
-added a setting for using a proxy(you need the last version of lan play for this)
-added a setting for turning off and on, and changing the port for the WEB GUI
-improved system stability
-solved many bugs
-Moar Stable
-Stability

UPDATE 17/12/18 1.1.0
A new update has been released version v1.1.0 A BugFixing Update!
Changelog:
-solved the bug that was making broadcast setting to not be saved.
-solved the bug that was making fake internet setting to not be saved.
-reworked how parsing functions for network interfaces thanks to Svahnen.
-changed the filter function to filter out more useless interfaces.
-solved interface problem with Mac OSX.

OFFICIAL RELEASE Version 1.0.0
A new update has been released version v1.0.0 The Setting Update! this update changes a lot and is the first to be considered out of beta and out of WIP, is the first real release, it includes a lot, but is centered on a new menu, the settings menu, from this menu you can configure things like PMTU, broadcast, fake internet, and also where you have placed lan play, so you can name it as you want and place it where you want, also this includes the option to configure your default interface so when you connect to a server you connect to whit that interface automatically and you have not to select it each time! also now you can import and export server lists and share them, and also download the official server list from the internet so you don't have to add them manually, also the way the information is retrieved has improved and should be more server friendly and should be much faster and some server dupe bugs had been solved :D

changelog:
-Settings Menu
-Now you can preselect your interface in settings so you don't have to select it each time.
-Now you can change the PMTU.
-Fake Internet moved to settings.
-Broadcast option added.
-Now you can export Server Lists.
-Now you can import Server Lists.
-Now you can import from internet the official Server List.
-Now you can place lan play anywhere and select from setting where it is.
-You need lan play 0.0.7 or higher.
-Bug with double fetch fixed.
-Bug of pinging and fetching when change order fixed.
-Bug of server dupe fixed.
-Custom discrete scrolling bar added.
-Bug of last server cut out solved.

A new update has been released version v0.3.0 The PING update! this update includes a icon that tells the ping of a given server is ms so that you know what servers are going to be less laggy for you :D
changelog:
-Added ping functionality to lan play GUI, thanks to space for helping whit it giving me a function to native node ping the servers without using cmd or terminal ping.

A new update has been released version v0.2.0 with a lot of bug fixing, all known bugs had been fixed and now lan-play-GUI should not be considered buggy like it was on v0.0.1
changelog:
-Bug of duplication of servers solved
-bug of undeletable servers solved
-Bug with moving the positions of some servers solved
-Bug with offline servers solved
-All known bugs solved
-There is still a minor visual glitch on windows 10 that when you move the windows a black border appears

Tutorial:

Windows
1.- Download the executable of lan-play adequate for your system (64/32 bits)
2.- Download the RAR with lan play GUI adequate for your system (64/32 bits)
3.- Uncompress the RAR wherever you want
4.- Put the executable of lan-play without renaming it in the same folder as lan play GUI
5.- if you have done this well you should have lan-play-GUI.exe and the executable of lan play on the same folder
6.- Execute lan-play-GUI.exe as administrator
7.- ???
8.- Profit
PS.- When you Connect to a server a cmd windows would pop up, you just select your interface and it would work, when you want to change server close that command line window and click Connect to Server on a new server

Linux
1.- Download lan-play-linux
2.- Download lan-play-GUI-linux
3.- Put lan-play-linux in home
4.- sudo setcap 'CAP_NET_RAW+eip CAP_NET_ADMIN+eip' lan-play-linux
5.- chmod 777 lan-play-linux
6.- Execute lan-play-gui-linux
7.- ???
8.- Profit
PS.- When you Connect to a server a terminal would pop up, you just select your interface and it would work, when you want to change server close that terminal and click Connect to Server on a new server

upload_2018-12-11_19-58-58.png upload_2018-12-11_19-59-12.png upload_2018-12-11_19-59-26.png

:download: Download
:arrow: Source

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-11_19-56-47.png
    upload_2018-12-11_19-56-47.png
    15 KB · Views: 516
Last edited by Red1Reaper,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you tried it yourself? if u run this while your home folder is unlocked it should work? If not post it as an issue and its possible to add an alternative path for where the client needs to be located.

If that is the case it should apply to the normal lan-play-linux client that you would run in the terminal as well
The issue just relates to how nosuid mounted filesystems work with setcap and similar tools (they ignore setcap). Ubuntu mounts a decrypted home folder (so one that is usually encrypted) as nosuid.

The best way around it is to just store it in a folder not on the nosuid filesystem. /tmp should always do the job but is wiped on boot. Another option is /opt but you can't (and shouldn't change it to be) write to it unless you're root normally.

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to be naive, but what exactly is this for?

Literally a stab in the dark, but for playing online on your own dedicated server maybe?
It's basically a GUI for a LAN program that allows you to play certain games online if your console is banned.

It's still incredibly early days though so (unless you live somewhere close to the US and have a decent internet connection) don't expect revolutionary results. However it will get better overtime.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It also supports Wireless Play (with a kip) so you can play Smash Ultimate online.

Reactions: Red1Reaper

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why not make this a homebrew that directly runs on the switch?

because the Switch doesn't run the software needed to do this. The author has already said he isn't going to leanr a different computer language to write it so it works under different software, which is exactly what you're asking them to do by porting it to the Switch native homebrew.

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Super!

I hope this whole LAN tools keep on growing, can avoid imagining the day we have a multi system tool running on Switch, phones and computers *-* (with a cool UI :P)

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any way to see what people are playing instead of just how many are connected to that server?
No, actually i get that info from http://serverurl:serverport/info, for example, http://usplay.secretalgorithm.com:11451/info, to get more info you need to ask the guys of lan-play to make the server program add more info on that page, not me
It might be cool to add a feature to ping each of the servers and display that as good/decent/bad
I have plans for doing that in future updates if i can think how to do it from node, but first i want to make the app less buggy.
Also there is going to be a config to select if when launching lan-play, if you want to launch the terminal whit the interface selection thing, or you want to select the interface directly in this same configuration menu and launch lan-play in the background whitout terminal.
i want to keep the two options because there are downsides to run lan-play in the background like you have to keep the GUI opened for lan-play to not close, and whit the actual solution of opening a terminal, you can close the gui once a server is launched if you want

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like the GUI works great, but I still have the same problem. I can't manage to connect to Internet with my Switch and I don't understand, I made sure all my config was correct, tried both 32 and 64 bits version (got Windows 10) and I have 90DNS. When I set up my IP adress to "Auto" on the Switch, it works as expected, but when I try to configure it myself (so I can use lanplay, I know that with auto settings it will not work) I can't manage to connect to Internet (DNS resolve error thing ...), if anybody got a solution for that, it would be great, until then I'll keep searching

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Looks like the GUI works great, but I still have the same problem. I can't manage to connect to Internet with my Switch
This GUI really is just a custom server list manager, that tells you what servers are connected and how many people are connected and let you launch lan-play whit the servers you have on the list, so as long as you can use lan-play normally you should be able to use it whit the gui, but if you aren't able to use lan-play normally the gui would do nothing.

But i am going to try to help you, to use lan play,
you have to set up your switch ip to: 10.13.XX.YY, XX and YY being any number that you want between 0 and 255, except for 0, 1 and 255 i think, for example "10.13.200.134", your subnet mask on the switch should be 255.255.0.0 and the gateway should be 10.13.37.1, set the dns to the 90DNS ones, and if your switch is not banned launch lan play with fake internet(that would block the switch from connecting to the internet except for playing whit lan-play), if you dont know how, you can use my GUI, there is a option to launch with fake internet or not very easy.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already have done all of that, but when I do the connexion test I can't manage to connect to Internet
Am I supposed to connect, or, like you said (if I understood well), it's normal to have the error I have (with DNS resolve) and not connect to Internet while still being able to use lan play ?
Also, can I have some details about what is "fake Internet" ?
(And just to be clear, I made sure I was choosing the right interface number in lan-play)
Thank you for your post and your help

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you really wanna port it for an os that has been profiting from the community while all other groups have been making it free and open source?
That is not my problem, my code has no political agenda, sorry.

idk what i did wrong my serverlist is blank (linux)
It starts blank, you have to add servers, if it become blank after adding servers, probably a bug, im improving it right now and next version would have a lot less bugs and would not be "buggy"

Also, can I have some details about what is "fake Internet" ?

Thank you for your post and your help
is a thing you put when you run lan-play that prevent the console from connecting to internet, extra security, you should probably go to the switch lan play discord channel and ask for help there: link

Reactions: Mambila2001

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
UPDATE 12/12/18
A new update has been released version v0.2.0 with a lot of bug fixing, all known bugs had been fixed and now lan-play-GUI should not be considered buggy like it was on v0.0.1
changelog:
-Bug of duplication of servers solved
-bug of undeletable servers solved
-Bug with moving the positions of some servers solved
-Bug with offline servers solved
-All known bugs solved
-There is still a minor visual glitch on windows 10 that when you move the windows a black border appears

Reactions: fst312

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excellent work! It's so beautiful!

In the far future, if at all possible, I'd love to be able to check what people in a server are playing.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, I have tried with my laptop, connecter to the same Wifi and it works
So it seems like I can't connect with my PC who is only connected via Ethernet
Just saying in case someone else got the same problem
It still annoying to have to turn on my laptop just to use that, hope I'll be able to use this on my desktop PC someday

Last edited by LightBeam,

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
excellent work! It's so beautiful!

In the far future, if at all possible, I'd love to be able to check what people in a server are playing.
For the moment all i can provide is how much people are connected, but that is because i retrive that information from http://server/info, for example: http://nxlan.duckdns.org:11451/info it says in this moment
{"online":1,"version":"1.0.0-alpha.2"}
from that i obtain the how much clients are connected to the server, from the online, and what version does it have, if you want more information, ask the switch lan play guys to add more information in future versions of the server, if they add more, i add more

Reactions: Mambila2001

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night