Homebrew LAN play for Wii homebrew

ectowii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody aware of games that support LAN (TCP/IP) play? I'm not even sure if the Wii is capable of doing it. Playing Quake deathmatches via homebrew would be great!

I know the Conduit at first wanted to implement LAN play which Nintendo axed and Batallion Wars 2 was supposed to have two player LAN mode.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't LAN connection work equally to WiFi?
If you set your connection to LAN, it should have full compatibility, unless you are using a dial-up connection.
You just need a USB LAN adapter from nintendo.com to get started.

ectowii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm wondering though is what homebrew games actually support this functionality. And older version of Snes9x (PC not Wii) had LAN support for multiplayer. Piko's Quake port has a TCP/IP section but it looks to be used for local LAN play and not over the internet.

goku21temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the tcp/ip stack works the same on any hardware as far as i´m aware... snes9x pcsx and many other emulators have internet play for original local-multiplayergames.. should work on wii too.. and i think onece all other features in the emus runs smooth they can focus on that ... there were even dedicated servers for smashbros-n64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr