Lan Adapters

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DaFees, Jul 14, 2010.

Jul 14, 2010

Lan Adapters by DaFees at 8:01 AM (647 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. DaFees

Member DaFees GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2008
    PA, USA
    United States
    Hello everyone,

I've been having issues with the wi-fi on my Wii recently and I decided I'll just get a usb lan adapter for the Wii. I have a question though. I did a search on ebay and found about 300 results or better put over a dozen different lan adapters, not counting the official one from Nintendo. I've seem them range from a couple dollars to upwards of $20. So my question is are there any differences between all these lan adapters? I mean are any of them fake or any that wouldn't work?

Since I am on the subject of lan adapters could anyone tell me if the following would be possible. USB Hard Drive for games in the lower USB slot and a USB hub for mics (used in GH/RB) plus the lan adapter in the upper USB slot?

Also if anyone has any recommendations on a good lan adapter and/or USB hub that would be nice. Oh and do note I am trying to spend little on either or.
  2. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2010
    I bought an unofficial lan adaptor for my friend from Play and it works just as good as my official Lan adaptor but was $20 cheaper!
  3. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 2, 2009
    United States
    the wii net connect by nyko seems to be the best bet... mostly positive reviews and the only negative I've seen is DOA situations that you can find with any product