Lameboyds09

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by pokemonskool, Nov 14, 2007.

Nov 14, 2007

Lameboyds09 by pokemonskool at 5:12 AM (748 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. pokemonskool
    OP

Newcomer pokemonskool Member

United States
    I've been using the lameboyds 09 on my R4 lately and I've been having fun, reliving the old days with The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Time. But my saves keep on getting messed up entirely. It first happened when I got to the 6th dungeon and saved with the in game save and saved with the X button on my DS. Then when I went back on my DS to try to play again, it immediately said unable to fund DS_Menu_dat. It worked fine just a few mintues ago and this happens, so I try to shrug it off and reformat my card. Today I got as far to the 8th dungeon and then after saving and backing up my save file just in case. I turn my DS back on to see that when I select the game, no save files are there. I have been forced to reformat my microSD card twice now and I am finding it quite irritating. Can anyone help me with my problem?

2. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Fact of the matter is this isn't uncommon no matter what flash cart you use. Homebrew (especially emulators) tend to have a higher rate of save problems just because not as much time is put into correcting problems as there is spent on compatibility for commercial games. If you want a more foolproof method to playing GB/C Zelda games then either buy the original(s) or get a GBXchanger + cart or similar. The downside is that it won't work on a DS so you will need a GBA... An alternative is to get a PSP or GP2X -- both of which have GBX (as well as many other systems) emulated MUCH better than on the DS.