Homebrew Lameboy vs Goomba (Color)?

Olivil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I've been using Lameboy to emulate GB-GBC games on my M3 DS Real, I've recently got the 3-in-1 and had a great pleasure playing GBA games, then I stepped on Goomba and I just was wondering if Goomba had an advantage over Lameboy or is it only one of these emulator for the old slot-2 style NDS flash cart? Thanks a lot

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more difficult to manage your save files with Goomba Color since it compresses all the GB/GBC game saves into the compilation's single *.sav file. Also, it cannot scale the screen like Lameboy can, though it does have better Super Gameboy palette/border options.

Goomba Color isn't bad by any means, but Lameboy has the slight edge in convenience. Give both a try and see which one you like better.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
is it just me or does lameboy consume your battery fast.

after playing a few games i see my power red
hate2.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice any battery life issues with lameboy. I prefer it to Goomba due to the fact that you don't need to package the roms in a GBA file (and don't need a slot 2 card since mine is broken). It's also fast and accurate. Even Shantae runs at almost fullspeed (50-60fps normally). The only roms that I've tried that won't work also don't run properly in Goomba Color- Conker Pocket Tales, Rayman, and Rayman 2.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to keep both emulators around and use whichever plays your favorite games best. Most of the time, what one can't play, the other can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.