Lameboy Saving

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Nenah, Nov 10, 2007.

Nov 10, 2007

Lameboy Saving by Nenah at 5:09 PM (1,570 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Nenah
    OP

Newcomer Nenah Member

United Kingdom
    How do you save your status in games with the Lameboy? or is it impossible? i cant figure out how to do it and got really far on a game so i was narked. [​IMG]

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    According to the readme file that comes with Lameboy, you press X to write the save data to the .sav file. Save data is loaded automatically when you start a game.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Note that this is not the same thing as a savestate. You must first save in-game using the game's normal saving mechanism and then press X to send the updated save info to the "GAME_NAME.sav" file on your card. If you don't press X the save data will be lost. It's an extra step to remember, but it becomes second-nature after a while.

For games that don't have any in-game saving, you won't be able to save in Lameboy either.

Note that pressing L+R to go to the rom menu also automatically saves the SRAM.

4. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Yep, Dan's correct.

Basically... I'll use Pokemon as an example.

You go to the menu via Start button, then you go to save. After it says Saving Data... Saving Done! Press the (X) button and it'll save the Data.

Games that don't have a normal saving function will not be capable of saving.

In real carts, it does this automatically. So Lameboy is just emulating it with the (X) button.

~Nero