Lameboy DS clicking after CycloDS firmware update

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bobkipper, Dec 27, 2008.

1. bobkipper
    OP

Newcomer bobkipper Newbie

United States
    I had been using Lameboy on my new CycloDS with no problems. I then upgraded to the newest firmware after the Team Cyclops website stopped being destroyed by the Christmas rush. Now Lameboy makes a very rapid and continuous clicking/ticking noise as soon as I load up a game, any game. The exact same thing is happening to a friend of mine under the same conditions: fine before new firmware, clicky afterwards. I found one reference to this clicking problem in an old thread, but it has to have happened to someone else by now. That thread recommended switching to an old version of Lameboy. I'm thinking about rolling back the firmware if that's even possible. I don't see links to old versions on the cyclopsds.com.

I would have posted this in the Team Cyclops forums but registration has been disabled over there. Has this clicking thing at least happened to anyone else?

2. bobkipper
    OP

Newcomer bobkipper Newbie

United States
    It stopped doing it for both of us. I don't know how and I don't know why, but I am going to accept this blessing. If it starts back up again, I guess I'll post again and waste some more of your time.

3. ryukyus

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how do you use lameboy anyways can anyone explain pleease

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    DLDI patch it if necessary, copy it to your card, copy your *.gb and *.gbc files to your card. Launch lameboy.nds and choose the game to play.

5. anandjones

Member anandjones GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Use an older firmware version. From http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/. Don't use an older version of Lameboy, if it had worked before with the previous firmware obviously..