Homebrew Lameboy appreciation thread! List your GB/GBC favorites!

Rod

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Being the retro junkie gamer that I am, I was pretty blown away with Lameboy 0.11. Sure, 0.9 was pretty nice and all, but some GBC games still were too slow and presented some glitches. 0.11 was quite a upgrade, and now lots of GBC games hit the 60FPS mark, the Super GameBoy "windows" are available, you can choose funcions for the X and Y buttons, and tons of other stuff. I was pretty amazed, that was one of the first times I though an emulator got better than the real deal. In fact, I was so excited that I wanted to spread the word of how good this emulator currently is, and also make everyone share some knowledge about good games, as well as games that didn't get much attention on the system. The Game Boy wasn't limited to Pokemon!

So, stand up! Let's put together a list with some of the best Game Boy/Game Boy Color's games in here! Who's with me?
smile.gif

Here are some of my reccomendations:
Metal Gear Solid (a.k.a. Metal Gear: Ghost Babel)
01.jpg

The last 2D Metal Gear is a hell of a package. Great story, lots of stealth, and one of the most polished GBC titles ever.

Dragon Warrior I & II
Dragon Warrior III

02.jpg

03.jpg

The remakes of the NES classics are some of the best RPGs out there. Just be careful not to let Dragon Warrior III eat your social life!

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal
pok2.jpg
pok3.jpg
pok5.jpg
pok6.jpg

In case you lived under a rock for the last 10 years.

Final Fantasy Adventure
04.jpg

First in the Seiken Densetsu (Mana) series. Somewhat outdated, but still pretty fun.

Super Mario Land
05.jpg

It's Mario!

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
06.jpg

It's Mario! It's Super! It's Deluxe! And it's awesome!

Donkey Kong
07.jpg

07-2.jpg
07-3.jpg

No, I'm not talking about Donkey Kong Land here. This one was based on the classic arcade version, but with a twist. After the first set of levels, the game turns into a "puzzley action plataformer thingy" were you must get the key and open the door to proceed. Ever played Mario vs. Donkey Kong on the GBA? Guess what, THIS game is the one that started it all!

Tetris DX
08.jpg

Too too-doo-doo too-doo-doo too-doo-doo do-do-do-doo

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Ah come on, you know those already!
laugh.gif

Shantae
12.jpg

12-2.jpg
12-3.jpg
12-4.jpg

The prettiest-looking game on the GBC is also the only one out of the tested where I couldn't get a locked 60FPS. Given the game's absurd amount of graphical detail, it ranged between 30-45FPS if I'm not mistaken, and some serious slow when entering the pause menu. The game itself is a hybrid of action-adventure with lots of exploration and hidden stuff - a Metroidvania, as most people know it. It's really good, and here's hoping it will get better support on the future Lameboy versions.

Well, that wraps it. Got some game suggestions as well? Give 'em away! Counting on you guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night