Homebrew Lameboy and dldi questions

~someEBfan~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k so I gots me a lameboy and now I need to dldi patch it. now here is the problem, I DLed DLDIrc but I'm not sure how to use it exactly...

Also I has some old saves from GBC games, can I import them? If not does Lame have a cheat function, just wonderin'

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
depending on what flash linker you are using it probably auto patches. i'm not aware of a modern day slot1 that doesn't auto patch. have you tried just dropping the homebrew on your msd and testing if it boots up? as for dldirc just right click the file to patch! =)

-another world

~someEBfan~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I tried that and it don't work. When I right click it on my laptop I see no function to DLDI patch it. I installed DLDIrc 3 times now. When I boot it on my DS I get a white screen of death. My flash card is EZ-Flash 4 with a passkey 3

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
White screens usually indicates a problem launching the homebrew file in the first place, not a DLDI issue. You sure you've got a valid *.nds file?

Also, what OS are you running? I'm not positive that DLDIrc will work in Vista, as I've never tested it.

~someEBfan~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using vista >_< I guess I should go find another lameboy rom

Edit: Still have the WSoD I also found a comp to dldi it and it still don't work

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
some slot2 cards i've used had homebrew launching issues for stuff that runs in nds mode. try launching it from inside moonshell. it is an extra step but always fixed problems for me. i can also recommend Dlditool-win32-gui and Dldino-apatch. the first one is a gui for patching and the second app will write over the auto patch area so your flash linker won't do it. if moonshell (or another homebrew booter) won't work then give those two a try. they can both be downloaded from the drunken coders dldi wiki page.

-another world

~someEBfan~

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell says never run DS roms. Lameboy is a DS code so are you sure about that? Not trying to be picky or anything...

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lameboy is not a DS "rom" as much as it is a DS homebrew application. Moonshell cannot launch commercial roms, but it can run homebrew files on certain slot-2 devices. I don't know if the EZ-IV is one of them however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt