lame wii wifi

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by mrpinkeye, Apr 27, 2011.

Apr 27, 2011

lame wii wifi by mrpinkeye at 11:00 AM (975 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    ok, every few weeks my wii looses wifi connection and i have to input it again (which annoys me enough as it is, can i fix that!?)

more annoying is that i now cant reconnect at all! i was happily playing conduit 2 when it lagged out and i was sat in a game unable to move. i reset the wii as i couldnt press any menu buttons, tryed to reconnect and it fails. i get the error code 51030 now in wii system menu. whats a bit weird is that the wifi name had changed its usually like "my_router" but it just said "my". i hadnt removed the "_router"......iv tryed reentering all the details like i usally would but it wont connect at all this time [​IMG]

is there something i should do to fix my lame wii wifi connection?

2. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    reset your router and reset your connection settings. Try to let the system setup the connect automatically and if it still doesn't work try troubleshooting at nintendo's help center.

And if all of this still causes bad connectivity getting a new router may solve your problem....unless your internet provider provides shitty service.

3. mrpinkeye
    OP

United Kingdom
    resetting the router fixed it. the wii never finds it automatically, it doesnt show the router in the list, i have to always do it manually [​IMG]

the router never looses connection to my netbook via wifi, would that indicate its a wii problem?

4. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    you can't know for sure without being able to try something else on your wifi, like a ds or psp or even another comp...plus if it turns out to be a Wii issue just get the LAN adapter and used a wired connection if you don't wanna reset your settings constantly

5. mrpinkeye
    OP

United Kingdom
    um, i did say my netbook is fine via wifi...

i think id prefer a wired connection, always used LAN for xbox. i'll look into getting the adapter

thanks