Lamb Of God's Randy Blythe About to face trial

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by chavosaur, Dec 3, 2012.

1. chavosaur
    OP

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    [​IMG]
    So, for anyone who is a huge Metal fan (like myself) Your sure to know that Randy Blythe is prepping to head back to the czech republic to face trial?
    For those of you who are not in the loop, let me explain.
    Back in 2010, Lamb Of God did a concert in the Czech republic. One of the fans was wiggin out, and tried to climb up on stage. Randy was like "Nononono..." And pushed they guy off stage. Guy falls, and inevitably dies.
    Crazy right? So Randy spent time in the czech republic... in prison... He was since returned to america, but is about to face his trial.
    To read about randy's time in Czech prison go here :http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...y-blythe-on-imprisonment-and-freedom-20120810
    To read up on the article entailing his arrest, go here :http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...icted-for-manslaughter-20121203?stop_mobi=yes
    Personally, im going to wait until the actual trial details before forming a solid opinion. I do not wish to let my love for his music, cloud my judgement on what may or may not have happened.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    So I guess he's on the lam(b) then?

Gahars and chavosaur like this.
  3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    just youtube'd the music...
    meh...

the guitars/drums/bass is great, but, why do people feel the need to ruin it by vomiting into the microphone? I'll never understand it.

4. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    Well of course, its all a matter of appeal. See, I for one, enjoy this type of music because of the expression the artist tries to bring across by screaming his lyrics. I for one, enjoy this alot more then a lot of the newer so called "Metal" artists there are nowadays, that are just emo trendy whiners that really does sound like vomit in a mic. Blythe has a very unique scream, so his music does not come across as the same BS all the time like other bands do. Hes also not using the same death growl the entire time, he varies his pitch in different songs ASTRONOMICALLY. Perhaps its just my metal fan bias, and I can totally understand where your coming from, that is just my personal view on Heavy/Death/Whateverthedamnassociationtometalitscalled Metal.
    This right here, is one of my favorite songs by them:

I love the opening quote.

5. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Wow. I can't say I'm a fan of Lamb of God, but this is depressing. Lots of fans will be disappointed. However, shoving a guy into the pit probably wasn't the best idea....besides, what's security for?

chavosaur likes this.
  6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    It'll probably get settled for a huge amount of money as both sides seem to think they have solid cases (it's difficult to fairly judge the family's case against Blythe, but LoG's defence seems solid at least in reducing the offence)

As for their music.....in my book they're middle of the road groove metal really. Sort of easy to get into/entry level abrasiveness like Machine Head or Soulfly. Although they've definitely got a bit more generic as they've aged.

chavosaur likes this.
  7. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    Totally agree. Lamb Of God was one of the very first metal bands I was exposed too, so Ive always loved them since then. Ive branched off from them into being a fan of various other groups (Mainstream ones like As I Lay Dying, and The Autumn Offering) And some off the charts kinds of metal bands (before everything gets into their heads, and they sound truly amazing)

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Interesting...

However unfortunate that this is, isnt this just one of the risks you run when you go to a high energy concert like that? Especially metal? I dont know, please dont see me as callous, i mean a dude died here. I know its a being temptation to climb on stage with the musicians but man, what did he think was going to happen? I think ( I mean i would hope that its an accident...)

Imma PM you chavvy.

chavosaur likes this.
  9. chavosaur
    OP

pip
    United States
    The biggest risks you run at going to a High energy metal concert, is death by mosh.
    Go ahead and mute this if you dont wanna listen to the music.

Its funnier with no sound. It looks like a bunch of sickly pale, bearded men, throwing dirt and beating each other up...

10. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Well, that's what I thought when I was younger too, I hated extreme metal, but I understood why after broadening my musical horizons. It's like questioning why there were vocals in Beethoven's Symphony No. 9, why Louis Armstrong as a Jazz soloist started using vocals in certain songs, or why Neil Peart doesn't just drum in simple 4/4 pop beats. The beauty of music is in the freedom of expression, if the artists feel that death growls or screams fit the music better than clean vocals, they should do it. Musicians should not be about adhering to other's expectations of them, but rather their own expectations of themselves and their artistic gut. Most of them 'vomiting' into the mic don't even ruin their music as much as some normal 'singers' do.

For me, LoG was well... One of the popular and seemingly good metal bands that I could never get into.

As for the whole fiasco, while one could argue that Randy shouldn't have pushed him, but the fact is Dimebag got killed on stage, one could never be too careful. Not justifying his death, but I'm just saying that he could have overreacted, and might not have have thought that pushing him off the stage would cause his death.

chavosaur likes this.