RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by natinusala, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2014
    Mexico
    Dinosaur Land, Donut Plains
    Well... Good N64 and PSX emus instead of a shitty gamecube one sounds good to me...

2. DollyWhipDoll
    This message by DollyWhipDoll has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 5, 2018, Reason: Off topic, bickering.
    Oct 5, 2018
  3. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 5, 2018, Reason: Off topic, bickering.
    Oct 5, 2018
  4. snakey

snakey Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2018
    United States
    Tested the Mupen64Plus core on Retroarch Horizon/SX OS.. Tried Super Mario 64, however, super slow and then crashes after some moving. Star Fox 64 does not launch at all, crashes. Trying to get to the menu to change a few options for performance improvement but it crashes before that.. Hopefully better support soon! :)

5. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Try it in lakka instead. This is the lakka thread, after all.

6. eddiesoul

eddiesoul Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2018
    Portugal
    Any chance to port android and run drastic and redream?

7. luk_pop

luk_pop GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2017
    Poland
    mytown
    PSX works without sound, N64 not working :(

8. sigboe

sigboe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    Norway
    Is it possible to make a 64bit image with a mix of 32bit and 64bit cores?

9. natinusala
    OP

natinusala Win32 error 31 is not an error

Dec 1, 2012
    France
    I'd need to duplicate everything, including mountpoints, storage folder and configuration. No.

10. sigboe

sigboe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    Norway
    Wait, I am well versed in Linux and I don't see why, is there any documentation for retroarch, libretro or lakka I can read why you need to that? It's mostly because I am curious, but I may be able to help.

11. dernettemann1983

dernettemann1983 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Update is great. Many n64 roms are playable :)
    Goldeneye is very playable :)

12. Shootermac

Shootermac Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    Canada
    i tried that first thing i didn't help..... any options or maybe i'm doing it wrong

thanks

13. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Last edited by DollyWhipDoll, Oct 5, 2018
  14. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Remember that the only advantage to the aarch64 build at this moment is the (very slow) Dolphin and Ishiiruka cores. You loose the near full speed N64 and Dreamcast emulation as this relies on 32-bit dynarec.

15. Petrifying

Petrifying Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2018
    United States
    California, USA
    iirc a Drastic core is in the new update.

16. KTroopA

KTroopA GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2007
    what are the recommened settings for N64 please. I run Super Mario 64 but lots of flickering and glitches. On the title screen the face does not appear - yet ive seen this in a video a few pages back.

17. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    Please don't be rude for me asking this question.
    I know it's not implemented yet, but has there been any words on if someone is working on the audio yet?

If you think my question is stupid or annoying then please don't reply (or try to stay friendly as you reply)

18. KTroopA

KTroopA GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2007
    Im having real trouble getting lakka to boot consistently. The black screen problem is the issue. Sometime when I boot from Hekate it runs. But most times when I try and reboot i just get the black screen. I have to reformat my SD to Fat32 and start over to get it to boot. I follow the correct shutdown procedure as well. Can anyone tell me what is wrong. I want to test this proper but its proving bothersome to get a consistent boot up

19. ShadyGame

ShadyGame GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Portugal
    really?

20. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    While it sucks that Dolphin had to be sacrificed for the moment, am I to understand that it could come back in a later update, or is the 32-bit/64-bit distinction going to be the final nail in the coffin for GC emulation?

Also, and this is just my opinion, but I'd rather have working N64, PS1, and hopefully Dreamcast emulation out of the Switch than to have those three systems sacrificed to Gamecube emulation. I remember hearing that the Dolphin team or someone was doing something with Dolphin on the Switch, and we may have to do something that won't depend on RetroArch for it to run. Not to mention, a lot of the games for the Gamecube, like Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, the various Pokemon games, etc. all have their own versions on the Switch. Yeah, we may not be able to play Soul Calibur II on the go, but Soul Calibur I will do just fine for me personally.

Dreamcast, on the other hand, has games that are much harder to come by nowadays, and that won't see a permanent re-release ever again that people will always be able to put into the cartridge slot and not worry about expiring licenses like with Marvel Vs. Capcom or Capcom Vs. SNK. Not to mention some other good games from Sega and SNK, especially when NAOMI and Atomiswave are brought into the equation. (if reicast supports those two systems, anyways)

That being said, I still await sound that I don't have to buy a bluetooth speaker for (are they even comparable to soundbars these days?), natinusula-chan!

21. Petrifying

Petrifying Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2018
    United States
    California, USA
    Edit: Thought he said DeSmuME haha
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Petrifying, Oct 6, 2018
  22. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Just curious, how would you play DS games on the Switch? Do you just use your fingers to control it? How accurate would you say it is?

And are there gloves so I don't give the LCD screens more fingerprints from my greasy hands than they sometimes have got!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.