Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's not a reason. Even if we know that it's not malicious, it's based on fusee primary, and giving the source code is required.
A lot of people say that it works, so. However i understand your point since fusee touches primary functions of the console.

Reactions: MartianMSK

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im having an issue with Lakka. Randomly when I run an emulated game or if I transfer files over via the network (or doing simply anything it seems) the switch will shut off.

Dont think its sleep mode as Ive tried leaving it for 10min and it was still playing the game fine?

Reactions: CatmanFan

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah it happens. Try to keep it plugged in the wall charger and see if it still shuts down ?

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No because it's not fixed yet. I'll update the disclaimer but the issue is still there.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been messing around with the project today and I'd just like to report on what I managed to do / managed not to do and how (short version, it was a lot of figuring stuff out)

• I used the image to format a 16 GB SDHC Toshiba Class UHS1 microSD. I wrote to it using Escher (love that it was recommended, I love Escher way more than Rufus)
  • Since I'm on Windows I can't natively read/write ext4 partitions. At first I was trying to use "DiskGenius" program (found it through googling for solutions) but writing requires paying for the program so nty there. I then spun up my Ubuntu VM and using that I was able to access to partition 100% fine.
  • I use Powershell for my TegraRCMSmash stuff as neither cmd nor bash (git bash shell in Hyper terminal) work for me for anything TegraRCMSmash stuff. Just in case @natinusala wants to add the boot script as a ps1 script to his files it is included below.
  • Let Lakka set up the SD partition
  • Dumped the games in /roms and the DS firmware files in /system
  • Launched Lakka again
  • Did some preliminary setup, added games to the playlist
  • Tried to launch various games but alas it looks like melonDS is having some major issues in Lakka coz none worked. They either get stuck on black screen, or white loading screen (which are clearly the 2 DS screens but nothing comes up) I tried
    • Megaman Zero Collection
    • Megaman Star Force Dragon
    • Megaman ZX
    • Pokemon Platinum
I think a great addition eventually would be supporting the desmume libretro core as desmume is a far more popular and i believe also more stable DS core. It also does not require users to provide their own firmware files.

Just some system stuff:
  • Switch FW 5.1.0
  • Windows 10 build 1803 / Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
  • RCM Joycon Jig (the 3D printed one)

PowerShell script for tegrarcm

Important Note: Users need to setup their Powershell to allow scripts first. Do that with the following (add this to FAQ if you're adding the scripts!!)

Run this in PowerShell then answer the question with "Y" or "A"
Code:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass

The file extension is .ps1, for example windows-boot.ps1
Code:
Write-Host "Put your Switch in RCM mode now then press any key to continue..." -ForegroundColor Green -BackgroundColor Black
$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey('NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown')
.\tegrarcmsmash\TegraRcmSmash_x64.exe -w --relocator= ".\payloads\cbfs.bin" "CBFS:.\payloads\coreboot.rom"
Write-Host "Done" -ForegroundColor Green -BackgroundColor Black

And for Win32 (although this script is targeted for Windows 10 and 32bit Win10 are very rare)
Code:
Write-Host "Put your Switch in RCM mode now then press any key to continue..." -ForegroundColor Green -BackgroundColor Black
$null = $Host.UI.RawUI.ReadKey('NoEcho,IncludeKeyDown')
.\tegrarcmsmash\TegraRcmSmash_win32.exe -w --relocator= ".\payloads\cbfs.bin" "CBFS:.\payloads\coreboot.rom"
Write-Host "Done" -ForegroundColor Green -BackgroundColor Black

Last edited by Favna,
Reactions: Spectree

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
New release : Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel-20180625191942-r82-g740da06

What's new :
  • Added Bluetooth audio support - see the FAQ for a guide on how to set it up
    • If the audio is choppy, make sure to update the boot/tegra210-nintendo-switch.dtb file on your SD card (take the one from the latest update archive)
  • Added screen brightness controls
  • Games no longer run too fast (yay!)
    • You will need to enable audio & audio sync and set the audio driver to "pulse" to apply this fix
  • Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are now faster and more stable
  • The SD card fix has been cleaned up ; it should still work as good as the previous version, if this update breaks support for your SD card please let me know
  • The Citra (canary) core has been added (3DS emulator). However, it currently runs poorly (7-15FPS on OOT3D) because of the lack of an ARM64 JIT. You can try it if you want :
    • It can only run decrypted ROMs
    • I won't provide any support for it - it is slow
    • You need to enable Shared HW Context for it to work
    • You may want to disable the right joystick as a cursor in the core options and use the touchscreen directly instead
How to update : https://lakka-switch.github.io/documentation/update.html

Credits : perillamint for the Bluetooth ROM extraction script

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France

What's new :
    • If the audio is choppy, make sure to update the boot/tegra210-nintendo-switch.dtb file on your SD card (take the one from the latest update archive)
    • You will need to enable audio & audio sync and set the audio driver to "pulse" to apply this fix
  • The SD card fix has been cleaned up ; it should still work as good as the previous version, if this update breaks support for your SD card please let me know
  • The Citra (canary) core has been added (3DS emulator). However, it currently runs poorly (7-15FPS on OOT3D) because of the lack of an ARM64 JIT. You can try it if you want :
    • You may want to disable the right joystick as a cursor in the core options and use the touchscreen directly instead

Running 3ds games on the Switch, well, I certainly didn't expect that :D

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

What's new :

No battery desync fix?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

What's new :

Well, I didn't expect Citra to switch over to the Nintendo Switch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU