There's a new version of Lakka in town; the team has just released a 3.1 update, bringing a handful of new features, fixes, and improvements to Lakka. As expected, it also includes the latest version of RetroArch right now--1.9.4--and all the features that come with that build. In addition, the port of Lakka to the Odroid XU3 and XU4 mini-computer is now fully functional, with further updates on the way to help optimize it for that platform. 3.1 also enables the Vulkan renderer for Dolphin and PPSSPP emulators, letting those on the Nintendo Switch and Pi 4 experience performance improvements. Switch users will benefit from dock support, but make sure you don't put your system into sleep mode before docking it, otherwise it'll crash. The full changelog is available on the official website, along with the Lakka 3.1 update.
Following the release schedule of RetroArch we bring you updated version of Lakka, so you don’t stay behind.
As usual the release includes the latest RetroArch version at the time, which is currently 1.9.4, as well as updates to all the supported cores to the most recent versions. You can update your existing 3.0 installation using the built-in updater (except on Nintendo Switch; you have to update manually, but gavin_darkglider is working hard to implement updates for Lakka on your console). If you are using older (2.3.x) release, clean installation is recommended.
Noteworthy changes since version 3.0:
You can download the latest release from Lakka download page. If you want to follow the development of Lakka more closely, you can download latest Lakka nightly builds.
- RetroArch updated to 1.9.4
- Prevent unnecessary extraction to disk of compressed content files
- Brightness restoration
- Updated translations from Crowdin
- Cores updated to their most recent versions
- Added battery stats in RetroArch (for devices that have sysfs node for system battery)
- Fixed safe shutdown on GPICase
- Fixed audio issues on Raspberry Pi 4
- Fixed FMV issues with PPSSPP core
- Fixed backlight brightness
- Odroid XU3/4 port is now fully functional and will be optimized in future releases
- Mesa updated to 21.1.1
- VULKAN enabled in Dolphin and PPSSPP (Raspberry Pi 4, Generic 64 bit, Nintendo Switch)
- Improvements to the Nintendo Switch port
- Fixed Vulkan renderer
- Fixed Joycon mappings
- Fixed mounts
- Added dock support (note: the kernel will crash/lock-up if the console is put into sleep before placed into dock)
- Added some cores that were not included in previous version
Many thanks to all the contributors, as well as to the whole community for your long-lasting support. We are grateful to all testers of the nighly builds for finding bugs and testing our attempts to fix them. We would not be able to support so many devices if there wasn’t you. Your feedback is always appreciated.
If you want to show your support for further development of the Libretro projects and ecosystem, you can learn more here.