modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
ive been experiencing some minor lagging with all my xbox live games lately.
my 360 has an ethernet cable connection to my wireless router, and halo 3 will tell me i have full green bars, yet i still get minor lag in all my matchmaking games. i have alot of crap in this house wirelessly connected to my router, that definatly effects online gaming, so i need to upgrade something to get rid of my minor and sometimes major halo 3 lag.

should i switch to road runner cable?

or should i simply upgrade my fios package to get a much higher upload speed.
http://www22.verizon.com/content/consumerf...+and+prices.htm

any other suggestions on how to get rid of lag while your in a house filled with a whole bunch of wirless internet leaching computers??? (and i cant turn them off)

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not all at the same time, no, unless you get some really kickass internet, which you dont find much of in the US

blade85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you can turn off some of the the things using ur internet connection...

i dont see why you would need to connect all of those things to the internet at the same time....

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I assume you have a Windows based PC? If you do, go to the run command and type cmd. When you see the black dos box pop up, type ping www.yahoo.com (or w/e website you'd like to test, just be sure it isn't behind a firewall). Look at the min/max/avg speeds and number sent and received. You should see none lost and hopefully pings time under 100 ms. Alternatively, you could try going to a speed test website like speedtest.net. The ping test is more accurate tho.

- Fitzy

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow shit.
i got 10301 kb download
and 1674 kb upload.

now what. i seriously think i should upgrade my verizon fios package now.

should i call them and ask them to upgrade to faster or faster plus?

That should be plenty of speed for Xbox Live bud. I have a 8mb cxn and run an Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and 3 computers of it, most often at the same time. You may be having actual issues with the internet cxn itself. Try running multiple tests and compare the results. Don't run off to Verizon and give them more of your money until you can confirm that your service from Verizon is what is causing your issue.

Edit: Also when did this issue begin? I do believe I read something a day or so ago about intermittent Xbox Live issues over the past while...let me know and I'll look into it.

- Fitzy

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow shit.
i got 10301 kb download
and 1674 kb upload.

now what. i seriously think i should upgrade my verizon fios package now.

should i call them and ask them to upgrade to faster or faster plus?

I run Verizon FiOs too.
nyanya.gif

5 Down/ 2 Up

Do you have bad weather where you are currently? (Snow, hail, storm, harsh rains)
I believe that the weather affects Fiber Optic internet.. Feel free to correct me, as I get slow internet in bad weather conditions.
biggrin.gif

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P