Hacking Lag question

chickenfood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question..
When playing NDS roms on my pc with an emulator like iDeaS, it lags and the sound is disorted, most of the time.
If i get a R4ds and lets say a sandisk 2gb micro sd card and use that do you think the game will lag and such??
does it depend on the speed of the sd card? are most micro sd cards about to play games without lag??

thanks,

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've only experienced lag in games such as Geometry Wars: Galaxy when the screen is like 75% enemies. Same goes for Luminous Arc.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've only experienced lag in games such as Geometry Wars: Galaxy when the screen is like 75% enemies. Same goes for Luminous Arc.
I found ema skye one of the more annoying characters in pheonix wright sagas. >.> There is no such thing as a "scientific" investigator. >.>

Also, no the R4 does not lag on games no matter what card you have. If it does it is because of DS hardware overloading like in geometry wars not because of the R4.

chickenfood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, alot guys
smile.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Like Golden said earlier it's the hardware. Like when you pull off a "Blackhole" in Super Smash Bros. Melee the GCN will start to lag.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep... There will be no lag as long as you get a fast-enough working MicroSD card.

Any of these will be fine:

Kingston Japan
Sandisk
Dane-Elec
Panasonic
PNY

~Nero

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want game lag, the R4 is not too good. Games like Bleach when there's too many things happening in a 4-player battle on multiplayer lag like crazy.

Lag is gonna happen in some larger games that have tons of stuff happening simultaneously, but you can help it with faster SD cards, like Nero said.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want game lag, the R4 is not too good. Games like Bleach when there's too many things happening in a 4-player battle on multiplayer lag like crazy.Â

So are you saying there are faster Flashcarts that have no lag during games like Bleach DS?

~Nero
Even if there are faster flashcarts which I have not tested at all, nothing can make the DS hardware run faster so some games with flash cart or not WILL LAG NO MATTER WHAT as stated before like Geo Wars when it gets REALLY crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)