Gaming Lag in Pilotwings: Resort?

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought Pilotwings today, and while I'm enjoying it thus far, it noticed that there will be small bouts of lag on occasion.

Being the paranoid freak that I am, I tried to see if anyone else was experiencing this on their games, but I see no mention of this in reviews on the internet.

Just so I know that my 3DS is fine, does anyone else notice small lagging in Pilotwings?

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
When and how does the lag occur for you? For me, there is a little bit of framerate drop here and there (about 20fps), but that's due to how the game was programmed.

When I make wide turns, or when I change altitudes very rapidly.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
maybe pilotwings is the 3DS at its graphical best? it sure seems like its struggling. I have a lot of framedrop in the same situations, especially with the faster unlockable aircraft.

I dont think its bad programming, after all its a nintendo game. It could be it is using all shaders/lighting effects and pushing close to max poly's?

anyone played FACEPILOT on DSiWARE? its pretty much the exact same game but uses the cameras to move. Nintendo recreated Wuhu Island in this game on dsiware and it runs quite well with dsi's lack of grunt.
full 3D (not 3DS 3D though!)
same routine of getting 3 stars every mission
and unlockable super aircraft.

pretty much the EXACT same game.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
maybe pilotwings is the 3DS at its graphical best? it sure seems like its struggling. I have a lot of framedrop in the same situations, especially with the faster unlockable aircraft.

I dont think its bad programming, after all its a nintendo game. It could be it is using all shaders/lighting effects and pushing close to max poly's?

anyone played FACEPILOT on DSiWARE? its pretty much the exact same game but uses the cameras to move. Nintendo recreated Wuhu Island in this game on dsiware and it runs quite well with dsi's lack of grunt.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some minor framerate drop on rare occasions, but it's not really bothering me ... I think the 3DS can do better graphically than pilotwings... See the Metal Gear Solid demo on the 3DS... We can expect some awesome 3DS games

campbell00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:

Well, I don't think that it's the 3DS at its best: remember the DS launch games? Now, compare that to Spirit Tracks or Mario and Luigi RPG 3. I don't think this is the 3DS at its best

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I've had some frame rate issues but only in 3D mode
unsure.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Wuhu Island is pretty detailed if you think about it. There's a lot of rendering the 3DS has to do if you're at one side of the island, looking at the opposite side. The environment is pretty open also, with not a lot of availability for the game engine to not draw something unless it is out towards the side or behind the camera. Deep in the tunnels seem to be the only true place where most of the island rendering can be skipped, with the volcano clipping out just a little bit of it (unless you're above looking down). Objects popping up out of nowhere is very minimal, with a large draw distance for them.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
maybe pilotwings is the 3DS at its graphical best?

Games always get better after launch technically and graphically because people have had more time to mess around with the hardware and have learned from previous experience. Compare any launch game to a good 3rd-4th year game on any system and you'll see a huge jump. Not to say you can't have crap anytime, but it's a general trend.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
it depends on how a game environment is built. it's in the technique on loading and rendering the rest of the environment as a player moves.

an example is Star Ocean for the PS2, if your character faces a very busy environment, framerate drops a bit, and if you face a wall, it's quicker. (lol)

not because pilotwings slows down does it mean that's the limit of the 3DS hardware.
what, is this gonna be another Wii? i dont think so. SSF43D looks good except for some particle inconsistencies. Samurai Warriors has TONS of enemies coming at you but it only slows a bit (big areas, many objects).

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Vincent Valentine said:
QUOTE said:

Umm MGS3DS looks better than pilotwings, so how is this the 3DS at its best.....
I like how you just compared a tomato to a coffee.
Moral:Different styles look different.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nollog said:
Vincent Valentine said:
QUOTE said:

Umm MGS3DS looks better than pilotwings, so how is this the 3DS at its best.....
I like how you just compared a tomato to a coffee.
Moral:Different styles look different.
I understand what your trying to say but you are wrong, as it takes a fair bit more power in a console to render everything in a game that looks like metal gear solid than pilotwings......Plus adding the 3D effect to metal gear, makes it even harder on the console,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse