Lady Layton announced for 3DS and mobile

The newest entry in Level 5's Professor Layton series has been announced in the form of a trailer. The working title is "Lady Layton", and it is set to focus on the daughter of Professor Layton herself. It will launch in Japan in April 2017, and a western release is confirmed, but does not have a release date yet. Watch the Japanese trailer for more details!

Makapaka12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone think it's going to be the same game on iOS/Android, on the 3DS? Or will the 3DS version play like the original series and the mobile games play like a puzzle game with little to no cutscenes?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Layton's a lightweight enough game that there's no real reason not to make it the full game on mobile. Worst case, they implement some sort of energy system to limit your playtime per session, giving you the option to refill or pay-to-remove with actual cash, More likely it'll be like Ace Attorney 5 (or actually, any of the mobile Phoenix Wright games), where the first case was free but you had to pay to unlock more.

Kolyasisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Does anyone think it's going to be the same game on iOS/Android, on the 3DS? Or will the 3DS version play like the original series and the mobile games play like a puzzle game with little to no cutscenes?
Nah, it'll be the same game probably. It's not like today's smartphones don't have enough performance or storage to have those great story cutscenes.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So you'll be playing as Hershel's daughter, who is a private investigator in London? ...Alright, if it's any good.
But, from the trailer it seems to contain a lot more anime/manga characteristics, not something we were used to in the other 6 games, much more European styling.
Plus, I don't know if the puzzles are going to be any good. With Akira Tago we knew quality, this time I'm expecting something new.
Overall, this is a very early peak at the game, but still, I'm not hyped at all. This doesn't feel to me like a true Layton game, more like something to milk the cash cow since they realized there is still money to be made. I was glad they ended it with Azran Legacy (My least liked title of the 6), because I thought they ensured there wasn't going to be any milking. Turns out I was wrong.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Layton's a lightweight enough game that there's no real reason not to make it the full game on mobile. Worst case, they implement some sort of energy system to limit your playtime per session, giving you the option to refill or pay-to-remove with actual cash, More likely it'll be like Ace Attorney 5 (or actually, any of the mobile Phoenix Wright games), where the first case was free but you had to pay to unlock more.
Well, Layton Brothers used the "first episodes are free - pay for the others" system, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the case with this game.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you'll be playing as Hershel's daughter, who is a private investigator in London? ...Alright, if it's any good.
But, from the trailer it seems to contain a lot more anime/manga characteristics, not something we were used to in the other 6 games, much more European styling.
Plus, I don't know if the puzzles are going to be any good. With Akira Tago we knew quality, this time I'm expecting something new.
Overall, this is a very early peak at the game, but still, I'm not hyped at all. This doesn't feel to me like a true Layton game, more like something to milk the cash cow since they realized there is still money to be made. I was glad they ended it with Azran Legacy (My least liked title of the 6), because I thought they ensured there wasn't going to be any milking. Turns out I was wrong.

yeah, you're afraid the puzzle quality will go down, when hundreds of puzzles were rehashed and repeated over and over during the series.
just be honest, you dont want a female protagonist

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this isn't the right thread, but level 5 confirmed that there is a yo-kai watch port coming to mobile phone. The reason I bring it up is because they specifically say that there will be improved load times and higher resolution.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I know this isn't the right thread, but level 5 confirmed that there is a yo-kai watch port coming to mobile phone. The reason I bring it up is because they specifically say that there will be improved load times and higher resolution.
Yo-kai watch port as in, the game coming to mobile?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo-kai watch port as in, the game coming to mobile?
Yeah. Sorry if i didnt make my earlier point clear. I was trying to draw a comparison between the two, answering the question as to whether or not the new mobile Layton game would look better on mobile or not. I think it will, almost certainly.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, you're afraid the puzzle quality will go down, when hundreds of puzzles were rehashed and repeated over and over during the series.
just be honest, you dont want a female protagonist

I like the female protagonist because
and soon to be rule 34 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*

Here are the possibilities of who the mother is: Emmy (if she returns), Flora, Aurora (reincarnation), Clara (reincarnation), or Luke ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*

Last edited by cooroxd,

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here are the possibilities of who the mother is: Emmy (if she returns), Flora, Aurora (reincarnation), Clara (reincarnation), or Luke ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*

There might be so many scenarios that could have happened between The Unwound Future and this game making nearly anything is possible.
My theories that do not include Layton producing a baby with someone a lot younger than him (I don't know, but does he really seem like this to you guys?) are as follows:

1) She's probably adopted, just like Hershel Layton himself was. Her biological parents could be pretty much any known or unknown character.
2) Her biological mother is Brenda Triton. This is a more complex one, since it would require Clark to have a divorce or die. After that Hershel would make out with Brenda and they would have a daughter that is able to talk to animals as much as Luke, who is her brother in this scenario.
3) This is the most complex and least likely one: The famous "Professor Layton" mentioned in the trailer is not actually Hershel Layton, but Professor Luke Layton. In a tragical accident both Luke's parents would have died and so he would have been adopted by Hershel, thus making him a member of the Layton family. He obviously studied and became a Professor himself and also made a daughter (probably with Arianna Barde, since she was actually shown to us as a love interest).

Reactions: MrJason005

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I like the female protagonist because
and soon to be rule 34 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*

You just reminded me that in the final game Layton was left all alone with only Flora...

Reactions: MarioFanatic64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: