PS1/2 Ladies and gentlemen... a GOOD PS3 Ad.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
After months of crows, freaky dolls, and all kinds of horrible horrible ads for the PS3, they've finally gotten it right. The latest TV commercial focuses on every strong feature and game the PlayStation 3 truly has. Finally an ad that makes me want to buy the console, instead of running away in horror from the evil doll that usually invades my TV screen when a Sony ad comes on.
tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmIBIVJ9u3Y

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh, the first Sony game-based commercial that doesn't suck terribly.
Song's kind of catchy, although, evidently, playing the PS3 will cause my eyes to bleed and possibly kill me due to lack of oxygen.

Infinitely better than their PSP ad for that Star Wars game. The footage they use in the ad LAGS. Why the heck would they allow that to air is beyond me.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Now the only thing missing is good games
biggrin.gif

Well to be fair, that spot highlighted the best the system has to offer. It's a handful, but most of those are fairly adequate games. And although the new Gran Turismo isn't out, and I dislike racing games, it's the most realistic racing game I've seen yet. It puts Forza and Project Gotham to shame visually. Of course it appear to come at the cost of tracks that actually look good. I digress, ecellent commercial. It really appeals to a range demographic. I mean the guitar being smashed over the dragons head while it breaths fire? Awesome!

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony is still trying to push all their crap on us. The ad tries to show all this stuff that's inside the PS3 or that it can do. I just want to play games. I don't need octopus arms, a screaming gorilla, or a spider in my game console.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sony is still trying to push all their crap on us. The ad tries to show all this stuff that's inside the PS3 or that it can do. I just want to play games. I don't need octopus arms, a screaming gorilla, or a spider in my game console.

I'm not sure about the "gorilla", but most of what was shown in the commercial aside from the actual footage of games, movies, and applications, was symbolism. The spider represents Sony's #1 film franchise... Spider-Man, the octopus is more than likely the same. The dragon is Lair, the guitar probably represents their music download functions, or perhaps a nod to Guitar Hero, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30