Gaming Lacks of realistic racing games on nintendo switch?

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fast rmx
gear club unlimited
just found out some game called all star fruit racing came out
riptide GP
beach buggy racing
motoGP '18
monster jam
super toy cars

and a couple more
there's almost a dozen lmao /s

Cool, how many of them are like real driving ie ridge race or they Cartoon,kiddy gimmicky Mario kart games type games.
I do love like driving driving games

D

Deleted User

Cool, how many of them are like real driving ie ridge race or they Cartoon,kiddy gimmicky Mario kart games type games.
I do love like driving driving games
dunno, i only have fast rmx, gear club and super toy cars on pc
gear club is a switch port of a mobile game but without microtransactions and a shitton less grinding
and fast rmx seems like a sucessor to f-zero
super toy cars is a ehh.. mehhh really not that impressive kart racing game with terrible physics and bleh powerups

there were a few kart racing games on the list, super fruit whatchamacallit,
i think motoGP, that offroad game and beach buggy racing lean to a more realistic sense

Reactions: fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mk not good enuff for u?

Ummm no lol want more than just Mario cart

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dunno, i only have fast rmx, gear club and super toy cars on pc
gear club is a switch port of a mobile game but without microtransactions and a shitton less grinding
and fast rmx seems like a sucessor to f-zero
super toy cars is a ehh.. mehhh really not that impressive kart racing game with terrible physics and bleh powerups

there were a few kart racing games on the list, super fruit whatchamacallit,
i think motoGP, that offroad game and beach buggy racing lean to a more realistic sense

Might have to go dark and try a few out

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like, you think Nintendo doesn't. Ninty isn't in the market to rival Sony or Microsoft, hell, Microsoft is even sort of friends with Nintendo so there goes the whole 'console war' nonsense.

Well, 3rd party prefer PS4/XBOX over Nintendo's weak system anyway. And I dont care about Microsoft. i dont like Microsoft. Never was and never will. Nintendo and Sony are my favourite companies.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I find this thread really weird.
I mean, since eons ago there was this clear difference between "Arcade" and "Realistic/Simulation" driving games.
Games that were of the "Realistic/Simulation" type tried to replicate physics accurately, e.g. old Papyrus racing games, "Gran Turismo", "Forza",
The clear example of "Arcade" games that didn't try to replicate accurate physics were games like "Daytona", "Cruis'n USA", "Ridge Racer", etc.
With party racing games being more or less a subgenre of Arcade.

The thing is I see once and again one of the staples of "Arcade" racing games (Ridge Racer) being named as a "Realistic/Simulation" racer here... what alternate universe I am in right now?

Reactions: YayIguess and Pleng

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don’t like the “party” or gimmicky driving games about the only ones I like are Mario cart and muppet racing on PSX.
I like the driving racing laps game both the ridge racer and GT type games. And to have games like that on the switch to play any where ie bed at night

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is I see once and again one of the staples of "Arcade" racing games (Ridge Racer) being named as a "Realistic/Simulation" racer here... what alternate universe I am in right now?

The universe where Mario Kart is what people think of for racing games on Nintendo.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The universe where Mario Kart is what people think of for racing games on Nintendo.
Well, then the actual universe... where there's not much else to play on t....
Wait, Fast RMX is a perfectly valid pure arcade racing game (no gimmicks).
And regarding simulation games... :( There's a reason I switch on my Xbox from time to time.

PS: Yeah, it's really lacking. But still Ridge Racer is no simulation game.

Butterbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally miss the Burnout series, and feel there's a drought in good racing games overall. Haven't played any decent ones since Xbox 360, and PS4 released Burnout Paradise, but that one is nowhere near as good as it's predecessors :/

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
with the digital trigger they have, it's not surprising there is no realistic racing game on the switch.
i love the feeling of real triggers instead of what we have right now.

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, 3rd party prefer PS4/XBOX over Nintendo's weak system anyway. And I dont care about Microsoft. i dont like Microsoft. Never was and never will. Nintendo and Sony are my favourite companies.
Yeah but Switch being the most powerful portable gaming console ever I don't see why they don't have interest in porting a lot of games for it to be played everywhere. To my eyes Wolfenstein II and other games shown that its pretty capable of running games looking pretty good as they don't need 4K in a small screen or all textures to be HD...

About M$, 4 me its one of the best, they have the best support and now they made probably all Xone exclusives for the PC, so I thank them, dont ever need to buy a Xbone to play any game :toot:.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pure simulators yes, even Sony and Xbox only had this gen with Assetto Corsa and Pcars (not as realistic, but still more to sim than arcade)...

BUT racing games, I don't see why can't Switch get almost all the other good racing games as its even one of the best genres to play everywhere without having to pay too much attention to stories or craps which are hard playing outside a fixed place...

I use to carry my 3DS with me and end up almost never using as most of the times I'm drinking a beer with friends, talking and shitz... Most times I use it is to play small games like Puzzle Bobble, steamworld dig and not much... as much as I wanted to play the Resident Evil Revelations or MGS3 and other few small games like them, I never can, I even own the RES Revelations original and only finished like 2 missions...

D

Deleted User

they made probably all Xone exclusives for the PC
sadly i'll have to stop you there, there's at least 3 exclusives i'd kill to play on pc.
forza horizon 2
halo 5 (not the shitty forge demo)
sunset overdrive

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horza Horizon 2 I have in my Xbox and I don't like it (only liked normal Forzas since the 1st) its also old and Halo I only liked 1 and have quite a few of them on my X360 and don't bother lol

And the last game they would have to pay me to play it :).

Only the upcoming halo I would like to try it, seems so much different...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4