Lack of vulernable IOS?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Gamemaster1379, May 29, 2009.

May 29, 2009

Lack of vulernable IOS? by Gamemaster1379 at 6:40 AM (1,667 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm having a very strange situation here. I decided that I may as well update to HBC 1.0.3 to regain SDHC computability, so I downloaded the Hackmii v0.2 installer. I ran it, it went through everything just fine--and then it said I was unable to install anything because I lack a vulnerable IOS, and that it won't accept a cIOS--but regardless of the cIOS, I should have a vulernable IOS since I updated from 3.4U to 4.0U using Waninkoko's firmware updater (Which should have kept the IOSes from being patched).

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Have you ever installed CIOSCORP in the past? BootMii doesn't like that since it doesn't feel comfortable running only on custom IOS's. If that's your problem run IOS Downgrader and try the HackMii installer again. You'll have to reinstall CIOSCORP again afterwards, but it's a small price to pay.

3. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I've installed it before. I'm glad I kept the files too so I can reinstall them later on after Bootmii. [​IMG]

4. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    install ios36 then itll work then install the ios36 from cioscorp

5. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    isn't it simply a wrong IOS version check that happened when messing up with official IOS (like those "downgrading" tutorials makes you do with IOS35 or 36 ?)

I mean, I'm on 4.0 and all my IOS are not vulnerable anymore (except cIOS) and did not had any problem installing the new BootMii suite

maybe they mean "vulnerable" in another (unknown) way, not the wellknown signature vulnerability but a new hole they are used to install channels ?

6. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The HackMii installer is the only program that can automatically make non-trivial system modifications on all Wiis. It has several different code paths (aka exploits) that it uses to do this; on any given Wii, the Installer will scan your system to find the most appropriate one to use (generally, the most stable or least invasive one).

If you have recently installed an official update, this may mean that all of our existing exploits have been patched; in this case, please wait patiently for us to update the installer.

In most cases, however, this means you have installed some sort of "mod pack" which leaves your system in a damaged state that interferes with our system scan. In particular, "cIOSCORP" is known to be problematic because some idiot decided it would be smart to take some old version of IOS, change the version number, and overwrite all other IOSes. Most other "packs" are less destructive, but we do not have time to test them all.

7. ds22

Member ds22 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Just run IOS Downgrader v1.0.

8. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    I had this problem 5 min ago.. I resolved it myself befor find this thread:)
    Just reinstall originals trucha IOS, like those you can find in old good games like Mario Kart with wad manager.
    It seems Hackmii installer doesn't like CIOSCORP (me too, but it was just to test it [​IMG] )

9. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    TT mentioning Cioscorp in the FAQ's thats funny, I dont really care, but in away i do agree with them, the Mod is OLD and dangerous if you dont understand how to use it. and i dont really understand why people is still using it, but i'm not forcing people to use it. It spread like wide fire through the net.

edit:

And being called a idiot well i've been called worse

10. FenrirWolf

United States
    It wasn't total idiocy anyway. I thought it was a good learning experience for the community.

11. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    they clearly perposly done that, i bet the next installer won't install if you have even just one cios installed to any of the main ios's.

12. FenrirWolf

United States
    Well, it makes sense that they want at least one normal IOS to work with.

13. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I doubt they're going to do that. I'm personally glad that their installer is very careful given the kinds of things it is doing could really mess up your Wii if they were done wrong.

14. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I agree i thought it was kindof fun, but sense the Usb Loader, i believe its a good time for it to DIE. [​IMG]

15. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    lol the reason is to ensure that all the sanity checks are acurate. It's literally for safety......

16. Col70

Member Col70 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    what i dotn understand though is that I installed beta 1 (not to boot 1 but to ios) and tried to 'upgrade' be installing the new beta 2 - but got this error message. surely if I had installed cioscorp it should have allowed beta 1 to install?

17. FenrirWolf

United States
    They tightened the sanity checks in Beta 2, that's why.