Lack of friends. MDD(major depression disorder)

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.
Some of you may have read my past blogs. About my relationship etc etc
Well, I have been so into that for more than a year that I pretty much lost my world.

After A-level, most of my friends are scattered all over the place because of university, and the ones that are around aren't really considerable as 'friends'.

I have grown apart from everything so much.

My ex.. She clearly states she doesnt love me but yet I hav been finding it so hard to move on from that case.

2 weeks ago, she texted me appologising for the way she has been towards me, but said 'I still don't want to talk to you.' BUT she added me back on MSN. so when I went on msn seeing her on, I was kinda thinking something is up.
She said 'sup', I was like 'hey nothing good.'

Then she started cursing me and saying 'u r desperate aren't you. I won't ever be with u bla bla'

I did not ask her to apologise to me or talk to me..

Anyway, my problem now is that for 1 girl I have pretty much lost my whole world. No friends, always depressed, no motivation, failing exams..

I thought I would share my issues here at gbatemp.

Love you guys...

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
cheer up pal, find something else to cheer you up. i lost my high school friends too because each of us went different ways. not having the relationship problems though. i don't easily fall in love. but again cheer up. there's still more you can do.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks bro.
My GP actually referee me to see a psychiatrist.
Literally really fucked up in the head now..

Tried to listen to everyones advice, keeping myself busy with whatever I could do.. Yet nothing has improved much.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Whatever you do, don't blame yourself for the way you feel. Depression is a physical illness that people mistakenly think is their own fault. Make sure you're getting your therapy and medicine and find someone irl to talk to in addition to your councilor.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, I know what it is like to feel like you have no friends. It honestly sucks and is one of the worst feelings in the world. What I can say is that making friends is not exceptionally difficult and if you are starting off from scratch with people, it is easy enough to be a different person. I found that I was stuck in a mold that people had placed on me but once I moved cities for uni, I found that I could truly be myself around people. I am not sure if any of that will actually help but know that people have managed and you can too.
smile.gif

Also, I would suggest removing all contact with your ex as it sounds like she is just hanging around to cause you issues that you dont need right now.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. I am trying to be as calm as possible, but then I have College.. things are piling up and financial state isnt all that great either. So pretty much everything is going against me.

QUOTE said:
Whatever you do, don't blame yourself for the way you feel. Depression is a physical illness that people mistakenly think is their own fault. Make sure you're getting your therapy and medicine and find someone irl to talk to in addition to your councilor.
That was really good advice! However I am quite aware that I am the one to blame
frown.gif
I do not run away from anything or face away from my mistakes.. my current situation was only caused by me mate
frown.gif
THAT even makes things worse, because its way too clear to me that things are my fault. I hanged onto something that was long lost.. instead of focusing on my own life.

jlf278

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few years back, I was in a similar place. I had moved up to new york city for a new job and as luck would have it, I was madly in love with my girlfriend who was already living there, working on finishing her undergrad. I also had a very close friend there from high school. Well, it wasn't long until my girlfriend dumped me and my friend moved back home. I felt so alone and I cried embarassingly often - mostly at having lost my girlfriend. I started taking trips home every weekend to see my friends back home. I don't know if it's practical for you to visit any of your friends.

Anyway, my ex wanted to try to be friends, but I eventually realized that seeing her was preventing me from moving on. And it took me a looong time to move on, but I have and so will you. I made the mistake of getting into another relationship too quickly after being dumped. It made me feel a lot better to have a girlfriend again, but it's difficult to give a rebound relationship a real chance. If I could go back, I would have tried harder to make some friends before jumping back into the dating scene and I would have stopped hanging out with my ex sooner. The biggest mistake I made was believing that my ex would (or might) get back together with me and that she was somehow the 'only one for me.'

I coped with my depression at the time by diving into my hobbies (composing music, playing online poker, writing, working out). It helped me vent my furstration and served both as an outlet and a distraction for crushingly oppressive emotions. Look for your outlets and distractions. Express the emotions you are feeling constructively when you can and push them away with activity when you can't.

Agjsdfd

My title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jlf278 said:
A few years back, I was in a similar place. I had moved up to new york city for a new job and as luck would have it, I was madly in love with my girlfriend who was already living there, working on finishing her undergrad. I also had a very close friend there from high school. Well, it wasn't long until my girlfriend dumped me and my friend moved back home. I felt so alone and I cried embarassingly often - mostly at having lost my girlfriend. I started taking trips home every weekend to see my friends back home. I don't know if it's practical for you to visit any of your friends.

Anyway, my ex wanted to try to be friends, but I eventually realized that seeing her was preventing me from moving on. And it took me a looong time to move on, but I have and so will you. I made the mistake of getting into another relationship too quickly after being dumped. It made me feel a lot better to have a girlfriend again, but it's difficult to give a rebound relationship a real chance. If I could go back, I would have tried harder to make some friends before jumping back into the dating scene and I would have stopped hanging out with my ex sooner. The biggest mistake I made was believing that my ex would (or might) get back together with me and that she was somehow the 'only one for me.'

I coped with my depression at the time by diving into my hobbies (composing music, playing online poker, writing, working out). It helped me vent my furstration and served both as an outlet and a distraction for crushingly oppressive emotions. Look for your outlets and distractions. Express the emotions you are feeling constructively when you can and push them away with activity when you can't.
Hey. seems like my mind is working similar to yours back then.
I am telling myself that she wont get back with me, and the chances of coming back is absolutely zero.. yet I have doubts in my head.

A lot has happend, and I feel its not even love anymore that I pursue after. Its only because I went through too much to forget things..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)