Hardware Lack of firmware info from NA n3dsXL unboxings?

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive seen several unboxings for the XL in North America..and they dont show firmware... and when asked about it, they dont reply.

Could Nintendo have kept them from saying anything about it? like an embargo?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive seen several unboxings for the XL in North America..and they dont show firmware... and when asked about it, they dont reply.

Could Nintendo have kept them from saying anything about it? like an embargo?

I've not seen any unboxings of the North American new3DS, but its likely that it will come with <=9.2 firmware, apparently retailers got shipments of these quite a while ago, I've heard reports of as early as the end of November/beginning of December.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just found this, apparently he never even checked system version before he updated, but he was prompted to update before downloading things from the eshop, and considering 9.3 and 9.4 were only a few days apart its highly unlikely that the launch systems were manufactured during that small small period of time.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can see how long Nintendo had their plans for the North American release. I had to import 3 of the regular new 3ds' from play-asia.

that and gateway, amirite? but also, i dont think the regular model will be released anytime soon, my bet is either q3 or q4 2015, i think they want to see how well it does in europe with its faceplate crap considering the failure that was the gameboy micro (which i loved).

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that and gateway, amirite? but also, i dont think the regular model will be released anytime soon, my bet is either q3 or q4 2015, i think they want to see how well it does in europe with its faceplate crap considering the failure that was the gameboy micro (which i loved).

B-) We all gotta keep our options open.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, I think Ralp1611 did read my sig before posting ! :P

Pip'

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not just FW info, it seems all the unboxing videos focus only on the hardware itself. They don't even show the home screen

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I had to do a double take and look for my daughters 8.1 vs my 9.4.. its 9.0 at least....

Well, yeah, you can tell by looking that it has to be at least 9.0, which it most likely will be for the launch. Either way, worst case scenario it ships out on 9.4, I'd be willing to bet that gateway is waiting to see and will begin work on a new exploit if thats the case (might have to wait like 6 months, but better than nothing).

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If MM limited edition come with 9.3+, what will you guys do if you already pre-ordered?

Sell it? I preordered one from Amazon JP since my friend was looking for one bad and I had to basically threaten him or else he'd buy one off a scalper on ebay. I plan to cancel it if he finds a NA one, but I'd assume all the MM XL's are the same, just different regions. So if the MM one has 9.3+ I'll just sell it. Should be easy to get what I paid for+shipping, unless it suddenly becomes easy to find.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If MM limited edition come with 9.3+, what will you guys do if you already pre-ordered?

I'll be pre-ordering for myself a reguler n3dsXL. But if i find it's on 9.3+, i will prob just sell it off. The most i make a lost of about $10 to $20 when selling it off since its still brand new.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

My local game store (ebgames) says i can get a full refund as long as i don't open the box. So if on Feb 13 ppl on here report 9.3+ FW, then I can get full refund and i don't lose anything (I have AUS N3DS as backup)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr