Lack of eShop cards in Europe, possible reasons

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by WiiUBricker, Jul 10, 2011.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Apparently eShop cards are available everywhere except in europe. Nintendo says eShop cards are in fact available in europe but doesn't know what retailers ordered those cards. Amazon doesn't list them, GameStop says they will be available in the end of July, some other retailers don't even know what an eShop card is, another retailers claim, there is a legal/license issue with these cards in europe and Nintendo is trying to fix it, but fact is, I've not seen or heard from a "european citizen" that actually got one of these cards yet.

If you live in europe and saw or bought an eShop card, please tell when and where you saw or bought one of them.
    If you live elsewhere, don't bother posting here.

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I don't live in Europe. [​IMG]

Of course, I haven't seen any eShop cards in America either; My Gamestop and BestBuy don't supply them. It's probably a global issue.

EDIT: Oh, sorry then! [​IMG]

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    USA citizens already confirmed that 3ds cards are available in the US. What I seek is a confirmation from a european.

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    First off: Yes, eshop cards are in the US. People have bought them. Ask Schlupi. He bought and used one.

Second: I did a quick Google and ran across this -

From the sounds of things, NOE has no idea at all when eshop cards may finally hit the UK, Europe, or anywhere in that region. There hasn't really been a proper explanation as to why either. If somebody in Europe has managed to get their hands on one from a store there, they are either lying, or made one appear out of thin air.

Edit: I should probably mention that the quote is from the 7th of July. So, fairly recent.

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    I and some others sent Nintendo an email and they said that 3DS cards are available since end of June. But it seems that was a lie :/

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    You aren't the first one from Europe to ask about this. Most shops apparently have no idea what people are even talking about when they inquire about the cards, and other stores just have nothing to say even if they know what the person is talking about. I can't begin to fathom what the issue might be.

7. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    I wonder whether or not LulzSec has something to do with it. This group hacked Nintendos site and after that Nintendo disabled most things on their website and warned users of possible phishing attacks. What if LulzSec stole or Nintendo thinks that the 3DS eShop pin number database has been stolen and they are just trying to avoid any issues with not working pin numbers by reprinting a new stock of cards, which might be the reason of the delay?

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    What? What? What gives you that notion? Lulzsec even said themselves that they would never hack Nintendo.

Unless they broke that promise...?

9. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    It was just a thought. Fact is, after the hack, Nintendo took one week to reply to my email, which is a bit odd, considering that they usually reply very fast.

10. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    They're not available in The Netherlands either [​IMG]
    But there's a Dutch site where you can get a "virtual creditcard" that you can use. There's probably all sorts of different sites like that for the rest of Europe/the World.

11. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Thanks but a virtual credit card costs money. Or do really free virtual credit cards exist?

12. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
  13. Weaselpipe

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    GAME claimed a Nintendo rep came round and told them to refer people to Club Nintendo if they had any E-Shop queries, and that CN members can buy points cards and have them switched to money.

GAME are massive liars though