L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

Gigaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gigaboy.dev
XP
Country
United States
Also, is there a way to detect if the Switch is docked? I wanna write a bash script that enables overclocks when docked, but returns to normal when undocked. I assume there's some way to detect when a display is added/remove, but I don't do much bash programming so I wasn't sure.

sergio_prado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If someone could upload their '/etc/nv_boot_control.conf' file here that would be great. I seem to have deleted my copy? Idk, I have 3 broken packages that say they need it. (nvidia-l4t-xusb-firmware, nvidia-l4t-initrd, and nvidia-l4t-apt-source)

There's no such file in that folder or any other folder.(I searched for it everywhere).

Gigaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gigaboy.dev
XP
Country
United States
There's no such file in that folder or any other folder.(I searched for it everywhere).
That's odd. It was saying that it couldn't read that file when trying to update those 3 packages. I thought it must've been deleted by accident, but I guess not. I guess I'll just try a fresh install of L4T since I haven't done anything important on it yet

GuillermoTell15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there KVM support? It'd be interesting to test if a Windows 10 ARM VM works. I'm aware of Imbushuo's attempt to boot it, but as it's incomplete and I have no idea about implementing Tianocore EDKII it looks impossible for now.

Gigaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gigaboy.dev
XP
Country
United States
Hey, it's me again. Has anyone tried using a pro controller to play dolphin emu? Mine says it's connected and paired under bluetooth settings, but dolphin says device not found when choosing input method for emulated wiimote

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Very different topic:
I am trying to build a game which uses Haxe and Lime. For Haxe itself there exists a ppa which includes arm64 packages, and I guess I managed to compile Lime correctly (was a bit tricky as hxcpp does not really expect a Linux arm64 target). At least a few sample applications work.

However the application I actually want to compile crashes at startup with sigbus and running it through gdb suggests it crashes somewhere in the pthreads library.

Has anybody expierenced something similar? It might actually be a bug in pthreads as googling showed that this happens on non x86 platforms...

Last edited by bailli,

dbrown1986

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate just tells me that it can't find the install files when I put them on the FAT32 partition I created in Hekate. What am I missing?

EDIT: Nevermind. Copied the files over to the SD again and now it's behaving as it should.

Now I just have to figure out if there is any way to resize the 7GB install partition that Hekate created, back into the Ubuntu Ext4 partition. You'd think it would be easy, but since the partition is first on the partition table; before the Ubuntu partition, there are some limitations to creating, removing or resizing partitions to the left of another partition without causing errors or data loss.

Last edited by dbrown1986,

Eggman54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't update anything or install anything using sudo apt says i got an error in source.list this is after a fresh install.

Last edited by Eggman54,

Eggman54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to map joycons dpad buttons to arrows on keyboard just need help locating button index in this file
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "joystick catchall"
MatchIsJoystick "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "joystick"
Option "MapButton1" ""
Option "MapButton2" ""
Option "MapButton3" "button=2"
Option "MapButton4" ""
Option "MapButton5" "button=1"
Option "MapButton6" "button=3"
Option "MapButton7" ""
Option "MapButton8" ""
Option "MapButton9" "disable-all"
Option "MapButton10" "key=122"
Option "MapButton11" "key=123"
Option "MapButton12" "key=232"
Option "MapButton13" "key=233"
Option "MapButton14" "key=22"
Option "MapButton15" "key=36"
Option "MapButton16" "key=9"
Option "MapButton17" ""
Option "MapButton18" ""
EndSection

Quattro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I just tried to update from 3.02 to 3.20 L4T and after following the 4 step instructions, on the 1st post, launching Ubuntu kicks right back to Hekate. Happens pretty fast, right after showing the switchroot logo. I was able to reverse the procedure and get back to 3.02 just fine. Wondering what I did wrong? Thanks in advance.

Quattro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just needed to make one change in one config file, uenv.txt, and I was able to get to the desktop. I am using the premade multiboot image from psxtools.de

Quattro74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems the special order of the partitions on the psxtools.de image is breaking my reboot2payload out of Ubuntu. It wasn't working b4 the upgrade to 3.20 either, they ship the same boot.scr with their sd files for ubuntu as come with the update to 3.20. I just get to RCM mode when I reboot. Soo I should be looking at editing my boot.scr ?? Anyone have a newb guide for that? Thanks!

bakedbeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
How much of the switch special treatment has been submitted and hopefully merged in the upstream mainline kernel?
Various other console linux ports never made it there

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems the special order of the partitions on the psxtools.de image is breaking my reboot2payload out of Ubuntu. It wasn't working b4 the upgrade to 3.20 either, they ship the same boot.scr with their sd files for ubuntu as come with the update to 3.20. I just get to RCM mode when I reboot. Soo I should be looking at editing my boot.scr ?? Anyone have a newb guide for that? Thanks!

I made the image files.
The psxtools image is made for ArgonNx.
I add another reboot to payload file inside Ubuntu.
Add the 3.2 updatec And change the uenv.txt
Change the rootdev to emmcblk0p8

Or pull the update file from ams plus and pick the Ubuntu folder from the zip and copy it to your SD card.

https://mega.nz/folder/7BQDxApC#a7G-vdiz9PV62VtuhV6_WQ

Last edited by evil_santa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.