L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by bylaws, Apr 28, 2019.

1. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    Idk then it's all weird

2. mathew77

mathew77 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    Dear guys, can you please give me the cue how to make mouse cursor visible in handheld mode? Any program/direction/solution/path? Please?

3. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    It is described in the OP in this thread

mathew77 likes this.
  4. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    powering off issue:
    When you powering it off or restart it while having AutoRCM enabled can fuck up the RCM Routine so that Dongles like SX Pro and maybe other ones too (sadly i only have this one) cant detect the APX Device anymore... you need an PC to start it again. would be nice if you could do an fix or a script etc for better rebooting for it @bylaws

5. P3T3

P3T3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Once shutdown, hold power and +/- for 20-30 sec, should then be able to use sx or what ever you use to inject payload.

6. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    thats my problem... exactly this dont work... its starting into RCM but the RCM doesnt get detected even restarts (i pressed it 1 minute)

7. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    without testing another dongle, you cand say, L4T is the problem. Ich hab both and no problems with the Shutdown.

Last edited by Conan179, May 14, 2019
  8. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Denglisch i guess
    I really dont know if its a SX issue because
    Horizon Shutdowns and Restart works 80% (20% have the same issue)
    AND L4T HAS THIS ISSUE EVERYTIME so i guess its a L4T issue because there 2 ways of shutdowns this working one and L4T ones and maybe we can implement the Horizon restart in Linux...

9. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    The Shutdown and restart with the Horizon, working to 100% on my switch and L4T working to 100% too.
    I think your prolem is NOT l4t, because a Hardware problem, from the Switch or from your sx pro.

10. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    how long u using SX pro? 1 months... i 5 months

11. Conan179

Conan179 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    Germany
    a half of a year.

12. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    lucky happend to my one time while being in hospital without pc :D

13. orangpelupa

orangpelupa GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2009
    Indonesia

Change the display mode to extend or clone.

Both screen will be active

ZeroFX likes this.
  14. tansoftware

tansoftware Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2019
    Canada
    It sounds like you're SX Pro dongle is not charging sufficiently. Keep in mind that the SX Pro uses capacitors to maintain a charge rather than a battery and hence discharges faster.

When you're on L4T or RCM, there is no power output to the SX Pro dongle and thus it would not initialize during RCM boot, that's why instructions dictate that the dongle should be inserted for 30 secs while Horizon is up and running to sufficiently charge the capacitors which in turn are able to drive the dongle while in RCM Mode.

Alternatively, if you have a new Samsung phone with a USB-C port, you can plug it into your phone for 30 seconds while setting the USB mode on your phone to charge-only. I always do this and it works flawlessly on my Samsung Note 8.

15. mathew77

mathew77 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2019
    Norway
    A little question — can I freely make an image of my linux SD-card (with some specific software like clonezilla or whatever) and transfer the custom tuned linuxOS to my another Nintendo Switch that rcm-enabled too?..
    Is there any specific keys, IDs or something to prevent it?

Snomannen_kalle
    Thanks!

Last edited by mathew77, May 14, 2019
  16. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Just played Wind Waker at 2GHz for an hour and lost right around 50% of battery. Obviously there are long-term battery concerns, but for the short term that's not too bad.

17. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Does using a USB C to A female to a usb hub work for a keyboard and mouse?

18. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    I figured out a way to dual boot horizon os and Ubuntu. You can flash the SD image and copy the 1.2 files over then you can move the second partition down and resize it up then you can resize the 1st partition and it can be used with the switch and you can copy all your switch files over. You can only really do this with gparted so you'll have to setup a vm, install it or use another different way of doing it

Last edited by pietempgba, May 15, 2019
    mathew77 and trohn_javolta like this.
  19. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, i had figure that out but man not having to stretch my neck is awesome hahaha, i took the front plate from my dock really easy, just unscrew some things and detach it.

I suggested this to a guy that asked if it was possible some time ago, if you dont want vm you can use AOMEI too afaik.

20. trohn_javolta

trohn_javolta Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    Antigua and Barbuda
    That's what I also did. Strangely, after moving and resizing partitions I had to format the first partiton in fat32 again to make it work (of course before that I backed up all files and folders and after copied them back).
    I'm using Kosmos/atmosphere and it has a great toolbox that allows me to reboot to l4t ubuntu.
    Now for real dual boot the only thing I' missing is a way to reboot from l4t ubuntu to atmosphere. Can anyone think of a way that can work?

pietempgba likes this.