1. sergio_prado

sergio_prado Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
  2. GroverCleveland

Newcomer

United States
    This is fantastic and I'm loving having a fully functional Linux distro on my switch but have one question, has anyone gotten the pro controller working wirelessly? If so how is it done?

Piepokemon likes this.
  3. Notochork

Notochork Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I come from the future and I have the same problem. How can I solve that? Install Ubuntu L4T to play Dolphin (I'd like advice on this too) but this problem doesn't allow it. It appears when running 'sudo apt update' and 'sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list' does not work for me.

4. evil_santa

evil_santa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @Notochork

sudo sed -E -i 's/turul.canonical/ports.ubuntu/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get autoremove

this will solve your update problem

sergio_prado and Worldblender like this.
  5. azkali

azkali Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Thanks evil_santa I am going to edit the post to add the sed fix (need to increase my message count to at least 5 in order to do that lol)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also I have been completely inactive on GBATemp but we have been working on other distributions that you will be able to use on your Switch stay tuned for more infos on that soon, an Beta should be available very soon and later a proper announce will be made on GBATemp for the release.

evil_santa likes this.
  6. Janu

Janu Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Can we update from 18.04 to 20.04? if yes, can we then install geforcenow? ^_-

7. kuiktuik

kuiktuik Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    is there a way to rotate the display in i3wm and have touch inputs work correctly? can't figure it out

Last edited by kuiktuik, Mar 12, 2021
  8. elektoni

elektoni Newbie
    Newcomer

Finland
    Is it possible to access or backup the eMMC partitions (such as Boot0, Boot1, prodinfo and prodinfof) using L4T ubuntu? I tried fdisk and the "disks" gui tool but it lists only the SD card partitions.

9. Worldblender

Worldblender GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It seems like not yet, from last time I tried two years ago. This likely hasn't changed even in the most recent version.

10. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The eMMC is intentionally disabled to prevent people from bricking their devices.
    It can be enabled with some overlay thing or by enabling it in the dts, but be careful.

Worldblender likes this.
  11. elektoni

elektoni Newbie
    Newcomer

Finland
    Could you give me some hints how can I use device tree to enable the hidden emmc, please? I am working on a switch which has a hardware failed (possible corrupted) eMMC and Hekate does not recognize it (init failed). I was wondering if I can try to back up the eMMC using L4T

12. evil_santa

evil_santa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
  13. UTTLCT

UTTLCT Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi! I can't get for Hekate to dump my Joy-Con BT data to use in Ubuntu. It does work for one pair of joycons, the first party old ones that drift like crazy, but not for the new third party ones that don't drift. It says the paring failed because the data isn't HOS based even when I've already paired them in my stock sysnand. I wiped my sd card, booted normally into HOS, paired everything and checked that a Nintendo folder had been created, just for Hekate to then say it failed. So my guess is that third party joycons aren't supported, but I'd like to know if someone here can help me. My joycons are the red and blue Binbok model.

14. BobTheOompaLoompa

Newcomer

United States
    Alright wondering if anyone can help me out here. Installed this once before and had no issues getting everything setup, but now no matter what I do I can't get past signing in to finish the installation process. Bought another switch recently because the one I was using for homebrew had a faulty charging port and now I have to reinstall everything I had done.

I partition the SD cart and flash Linux and all is well with the world, but as soon as I get the point where I have to login I'll tap onto the user name to enter my password and the screen with flash black and the mouse resets and that is as far as I can get. This basically forces me to turn off and reset the switch since trying to click restart or power off in the top right hand corner gives me the same result. I'm stuck in this endless loop where it keeps resetting itself every time I touch the screen. I've tried installing on a new 512GB sd card and even switched back to the 256 I used originally on the old switch, and nothing is working.

Any ideas what kind of issue I am running into here?

Last edited by BobTheOompaLoompa, Apr 4, 2021
  15. LowScore

LowScore Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hello,
    quick questions;
    how are, overall, the linux performance while docket (if it works in docket mode)? I would use it for web browsing, youtube... web mail and word editing.
    DLNA streaming is working?
    Which video service apps are available? I know netflix works... what about amazon prime video?
    THKS

16. Tyvar1

Tyvar1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Sweden
    LowScore, ber71, evil_santa and 2 others like this.
  17. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

United States
    L4T-Ubuntu 3.3.0 released check op for update.

18. sean222

sean222 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Amazing update, thank you! Performance feels snappier than 3.2. Chromium seems faster.
    Bootup is clean and sexy...sadly one of my favorite things so far :D

19. lsp199308

lsp199308 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
  20. carlinux

carlinux Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    I saw that there's a focal repo in the new repo of switchroot so I'm going to try to upgrade since is a fresh install... and test it

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - featured, Ubuntu, switch